Reinstall of Windows 8.1 or 10?

bolden12AVB
bolden12AVB Member Posts: 3 New User

Have Aspire E1-571-6680. After full system recovery can not upgrade to Windows 8.1  or 10. Had Windows 10 before running recovery. Have Windows 8 on computer now. I keep getting error code # ending with 80004005. Help!

Answers

• MattmanCDN
    MattmanCDN Member Posts: 108

Tinkerer

Sounds like windows needs the registry fixed ...you can download a free product called ccleaner and click on registry button on left side  it will clean it you should be fine after that .

• Ap2099
    Ap2099 Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter

Hello,

Sounds like to me, that the upgrade is being blocked by Microsoft. When did you upgrade? You have thrity days from the day you upgraded to return to your old windows. If you do not return to the old Windows in 30 days, the current Windows becomes perment.

You should have been giving a product key when you had Upgraded. Did you write it down? That is what you will need in order to the Windows back. If you dont have it, they will make you buy another one.

But if you are still within the 30 day limit, you should be abel to go to settings and get Windows, back.

If you cant do any of this then you will have to reinstall the Windows that caame with your computer, then it will offer you the upgrade.

• MattmanCDN
    MattmanCDN Member Posts: 108

Tinkerer

that error code is  a registry error code, have not run across it in a while, sorry to hear that your win 10 upgrade  is bad i did upgrade an E15 to win 10 from 8.1 and regretted it , now running clean bloatware free 8.1 again . drivers are more polished  my machine is faster.