Is there a Management team in Singapore? The staff do not seem to know them/him or her.

Options
leetcdan
leetcdan Member Posts: 1 New User

Got my new Acer notebook because of the Saleman's persuasion for me to switch from another brand to Acer. Before I could get to use it, I encountered major problems - while installing my files half way, got an error Boot device not found! Subsequently, intermittent boot failures and bootup but system hangs sometimes. Service support couldn't be reached by phone... and finally on the day when I got through, they are closed for the weekend and public holdiay! Finally brought it to the Service centre even though it is brand new! Told to leave the notebook there for diagnosis.  No news from them till I called them a week later.

Got back finally, and the diagnosis was that the cables inside was loose, and it has been fixed!

Now occassionally, it hangs while multiple shutting down and could not reboot until I do a super long press at the Power start button.  The power does not always cut off like any other computer when you actually hold the power button for a duration!  This again is starting to get frequent!

Question: How can the quality control be that bad? Cables loose in a brand new machine???  Did they actuall check the system?

Loss of one month usage, when I could have bought an alternative machine?

No service support even though problem is solely Acers?

Staff did not follow up and are not aware of who is in charge.

1) Notebook was not fit for Sale!

2) No refunds or compensations for my loss of time and work when I accepted their promises of a normal useable Notebook

Googled these issues... and I am not the only one having these problems!

I have never encountered anything as bad as this product!

I have never encountered an organization with staff who are totally oblivious to the plight of the cheated consumers!

I have never encountered an organization that has given me both the poor product and bad service before!

This has got to be my worse experience and the managemet hides behind their staff!