Antivirus and Firewall for Liquid E2 V370 Android Smartphone?

Suzannah
Suzannah Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

Hi everyone, I have a Liquid E2 V370 android smartphone. Do oyu know what firewall and antivirus should I best get for it?

As I see, I already have some kind of virus at the least.

Best Answer

• REBELRUDY1942
    REBELRUDY1942 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Answer ✓

Hi - I'm new to smartphones but I know pcs. Any good virus software for computers is good for laptops, tablets, and smartphones. I found the best software to use is Kaspersky, or Bitdefender.

Answers

• REBELRUDY1942
    Answer ✓

Hi - I'm new to smartphones but I know pcs. Any good virus software for computers is good for laptops, tablets, and smartphones. I found the best software to use is Kaspersky, or Bitdefender.

• Suzannah

Hi Rebel Rudy,

Thank you so much for your answer! My phone worked fine without any antivirus or anything ever, until some time ago. So okay, I'll look in to both Kaspersky and BitDefender and get to the installing! Thank you again!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Android devices don't need a firewall or antivirus, if you download application only from google play; you will kill your phone performance if you install an antivirus.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Suzannah

Hi IronFly, I haven't installed the anivirus yet, but I probably will. The problem is multiple. Just one example: if I leave my internet connection on, I see stuff moving and being pushed in but I'm not doing it. When I want to make a call, it disconnects me. Also my keyboard doesn't appear when I need to type text. This is so on two phones, so I'm guessing there's a virus on my Sim-card. What do you think about all this?

[edited to help make post more readable]

• REBELRUDY1942

I Disagree. if you surf the net then you need a virus software. thats why the major software companies include phones or tablets in their software. I just bought a phone and I got a virus in the first week.

• zmiles
    zmiles Member Posts: 5 New User
    I use "Bitdefender antivirus free" on my computer for years. It is lite on resources and rated tops. Not complicated. Install, run first scan, then forget. Just leave it alone to do it's magic. Thrilled to see it is also offered for Android smartphones on Google Play. All cloud based so little impact on memory, battery or performance. Make sure you download right one.