Problems with Blu-Ray and my G591-70XR

Adamsz06
Adamsz06 Member Posts: 1 New User

First post as I haven't had a major issue until this point. I was out of town this weekend and brought my Predator 15 for entertainment; loaded a new Blu-Ray and was stuck on the title screen. Tried several other Blu-Rays with no luck. All would get to the title screen, but there were no selectable features...the chapter menu was available, but all chapters were shaded gray. At first I thought it was an issue with the pre-installed version of the Cyberlink Power DVD 12, so I went through the update process to ensure it was current. I have now upgraded to the newest full version of Power DVD 16 and its still not functioning. Also tried VLC media player...no luck. Regular DVD's play just fine with either program. I'm currently at a loss and a little irritated that a product with the Blu Ray drive won't play one out of the box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Adam

Answers

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

I cannot try the Power DVD, because after a fresh install, I don't have it any more.

There's a little Chineese player for Blueray. Unfortunately I don't remember the name at the moment, but  I will find it out this evening. It works great.

Just to be sure, you should test another software.

If it's playing DVDs, it should not be defective.