Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

I just got an Aspire V nitro 15 touch laptop, getting ghost touches, straight line on the left side.

Pretty much what I described, at about 3 inches from the left side I start getting ghost touches not 15 minutes from unboxing. I had to disable the touchscreen because it would click and drag on anything near that line.

I just updated the acer firmware and it says my touch screen drivers are up to date. Any ideas?

FAQ & Answers

• philetusphiletus Posts: 4,428ACE Pathfinder

See if this helps,

In Windows search, type touch. Then select Calibrate the Screen for Pen or Touch Input.

• MaldayMalday Posts: 3Member

I did that, it looked like it worked, then after an hour or so the phantom touches began again. Had to turn of touch screen, no idea what is going on.

is there any way the touchpad could be causing it?

• MaldayMalday Posts: 3Member

Not likely. The touchpad is working great, it's just on one specific vertical line on the screen, those rounds "shadows" when you touch the screen start randomly and very quickly appearing. If there is anything in that like then it will start clicking it and it's just chaos. 

Drivers are up to date, acer firmware is up to date, I just don't understand, it started doing it almost right out of the box.

I think you should return it or exchange it.