new Bios does not work for me G9-791

Options

executing the Bios I get the message "Rom File not found". Did download again and disabled Antivirus.

Nothing.

I'm a bit scared what will  happen now when  I do restart?

Answers

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Options

reboot did work. But there really seems to be no .rom - file in the .exe.

???

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

try this, run the exe

then

without closing the application and without flashing the BIOS

press windows logo key + r

type

%temp%

it will open the temporary files folder, look for a xxxxx.tmp folder (mine was 7zS566C.tmp)

copy the folder to dekstop or somewhere else, check that H2OFFT-Wx64.exe is marked as run as administrator and run it.

the ROM mentioned are the 2 files with .fd extension

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • morf646
    morf646 Member Posts: 13 New User
    Options

Hi I have the same problem.  Rom File not found

• beststevie
    Options

Iddn't still loose my faith, that Acer is able find the error. It should be quite easy to replöace the file? I'm really not willing to do experiments with an expensive notebook.

I already unzipped the exe with 7zip, but I really don't trust this update any more. Maybe they forgot the Bios code in the rom?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

i highlight this discussion, need to wait next week for an answer. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Amfus
    Amfus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi guys, i have the same problem, it says that there is no rom but the files are there...

• Errebor
    Errebor Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Same here guys, we have to wait

• Lyon
    Lyon Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
    Options

I guess it will not work for G9-591 either. OMG Acer, did you ever heard about word "testing"? Obviously not.

Dear customers, here you have new version of BIOS, flash and enjoy. Its not tested, but who cares about testing, its only BIOS. Nothing more than hardbrick cannot happen. Real professionals, Acer.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi all,

I apologize for the issues and I've escalated the matter to the appropriate people. In the mean time, can I get any confirmation that we're dealing with BIOS v 1.10 which was released Friday (4/8) and what symptoms you're experiencing? The question I have is whether the file just errors out and tells you that it can't find the ROM or you're able to load the BIOS and then it causes issues afterwards? If it is the afterwards, what is happening with your system?

Thanks,
    Cory

• morf646
    morf646 Member Posts: 13 New User
    Options

during installation

bios 1.10.jpg

• Lyon
    Options

And yes, its the new 1.10 version.

• Merlin1972
    Merlin1972 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Im getting the same error, come on ACER your professionals and your supposed to know about this !! Don't leave it to long!!!!

• beststevie
    Options

Ok, as I'm alwaays not so kind with my critics I would like to say this here once, this G9 791 here is after getting used to it the most stable and reliable peace of hardware I ever bought for quite a lot money. It is not really urgent, to have a new Bios.

So I think they already did a good job!

• Lyon
    Options

You are lucky. This is my first Acer product and i have only problems with it. Acer first time, Acer last time.

• beststevie
    Options

Maybe this can happen with every producer. I had Asus before and worst possible experience.

But always the worst is, to have a half working product and no one who has an answer.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

All,

I've received confirmation that the correct BIOS package has been loaded onto our download platform. It will take 24-48 hours for the sync with all of our global servers to take place.

Again, I apologize for the mishap with the original file, but look forward to feedback once the new BIOS is available.

Thanks,
    Cory

• beststevie
    Options

Thx a lot!

I'll also wait for the first impressions of the new flashed Bios.

There's not really much Info about this update. Maybe there is really only this microcode update (maybe because of the prozessor bug?) and the hint, it should improve the performance. Maybe someone does benchmarks before and after?

I've been waiting for e.g. a compability update (needed!) to make the fastest SSDs (like Samsung 950 Pro) compatible.

Maybe internet is somewhere faster and you got the correct file now?

• Merlin1972
    Merlin1972 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    Thanks for your help !!
  • hjupter
    hjupter Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I've been waiting for e.g. a compability update (needed!) to make the fastest SSDs (like Samsung 950 Pro) compatible.

Is not supposed to be compatible? I have replaced the original SSD for a 512gb 950 Pro, I have some minor issues with my windows but I dont  think that SSD has something to do there.

• beststevie
    Options

no, 950Pro is not discovered in Bios. Some minor problems like some backup software does not function (kill criteria for me).