Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire V3-572G won't start

My Acer V3-572G laptop won't start. The orange is lit when the AC adapter is plugged in and when I press the power button the Blue LED lights up for about 7 seconds and then goes off. The fans don't start and I don't hear the hard drive spin. The screen never turns on either. I've done a power reset and I've tried not having the battery in the laptop and powering it on while it's plugged in but nothing. I have taken everything out of the ports, still nothing. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Weird thing is that it has happened before. Last fall the same thing was happening so I borrowed a friend's laptop while I set mine aside to figure out what I was going to do with it. 2 weeks later I wanted to see if I could get it to boot at all and it started! It had just been sitting around without the battery and without being plugged in and it just started working again randomly until now. Any advice that could get this thing working again would be appreciated. Don't really have the funds to buy a replacement.

FAQ & Answers