G9-791 Bluetooth problems

Options
Fictive
Fictive Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello

I just purchased the Predator yesterday, and after installing win 10 I noticed that the Bluetooth is not working properly.

It pairs to my devices, works until the pairing is complete but as soon as the pairing process finishes, the device stops working. I tried reinstalling the windows, reinstalling the Bluetooth driver, switch off and back on the Bluetooth, switch off and back on the devices with no success.

SOMETIMES the devices will continue to work until the first restart.

the only solution i found was to delete the device and repeat the pairing process but this also is not working everytime.

I tried with a Microsoft Sculpt Touch mouse, with a bluetooth gamepad and and JBL Flip speakers.

Am I missing sometihng? 

Best Answer

• Fictive
    Answer ✓
    Options

ok... so it seams that the problem solved itself, I checked the windows updates history and one of the updates was something related to the bluetooth, so who knows, maybe was from the windows driver...

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

I'm making a few assumptions, but it sounds like your device did not come with something other than Windows 10 preinstalled?

Have you tried the Bluetooth driver off of our website? http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Bluetooth/Bluetooth_Atheros_10.0.0.137_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=635809027626077945&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR%20G9-791&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Thanks,
    Cory

• Fictive
    Options
    The laptop came with Linux, I installed window 8.1, there were now drivers available so I updated it to Windows 10.
    Already tried installing the driver from the Acer webpage and nothing changed.
  • Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

I really doubt there is an issue with the bluetooth device itself. Were you able to test on Linux and did it work?

I would also look at making sure all of the Windows updates are installed. I've seen a lot of minor issues come and go with MS updates, more than I remember in recent history at least.

• Fictive
    Options
    No, i haven't tried it in Linux Smiley Sad
    Yes, all the updates are already installed. I also think is a software program, not the hardware itself.
    I even tried installing a different driver, from a different manufacturer, with no success!
    I don't know what I am missing!
  • Fictive
    Answer ✓
    Options

ok... so it seams that the problem solved itself, I checked the windows updates history and one of the updates was something related to the bluetooth, so who knows, maybe was from the windows driver...

• internetnomad
    internetnomad Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I;m having the same issue. do you know how you fixed it? 

• Fictive
    Options

No, sorry! My problem was fixed by itself.I believe was some windows update which did the trick.