AG6-710

Options
judojack
judojack Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives

I just purchased the predator AG6 710 and tried to remove the case in order to look inside. I have not been able to locate any screws to remove the case. any advise?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

you must take off the rear cover, there is a latch to unblock on the middle right side of it.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

you must take off the rear cover, there is a latch to unblock on the middle right side of it.

• judojack
    Options

thanks.. I have one more question. How can I keep the c: \ drive from filling up with new apps. Since I have the 256GB SSD drive and only have 203 GB left. it will not let me  change the settings from c:\ to d:\ I would like to have all new apps  load on to the d:\. please advise.

• IronFly
    Options
    You need, during programs installation, to point the installer to install files on D:\
  • judojack
    Options

thanks for the great advice. this newby is learning alot. If I want to upg the 256GB SSD to 512GB SSD, is there a way to copy the old boot partition to the 512GB?  Does Acer have a part#  & cost for their 512GB SSD that will fit into the AG6 710? Will I have to re-install win 10 home? thanks again.

• IronFly
    Options

you can clone your HDD with some free tools.

about part, i will ask to Laurent.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi judojack,

Here are the original SSDs M.2 2280 for Predator G6-710:

Spoiler
    KN.51207.001FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.512GB.M2.2280 (Kingston)
    KN.5120L.005FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.512GB.M2.2280 (Lite-on)

You can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by phone or by chat.

France
  • LedZeppelin
    LedZeppelin Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options

For most applications you can select Advanced during the app installation and change the C:\path.... to D:\path....    I simply replace the C": with my "D".  Also in Windows 10, there's a System configuration page which allows you to set another drive as the default for most applications.

Some apps simply don't let you change, but it works for the Windows Store.

Here's a link to the instructions

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2569613/set-default-save-location-external-drive-windows.html

• judojack
    Options

thanks  great help

• judojack
    Options

In regards to my 256GB to 512GB upgrade, is there a procedure/software  to assist in cloning  the 512GB. This way I do not lose the boot up partition. Any help would be appreciated?  thanks

• LedZeppelin
    Options

You should try my 128GB SSD?   Today it's reporting only 30GB free and a week ago it was 70GB.  All the Apple Mobile downloads keep going to C:

I was going to recommend using Acronis Drive clone (which I have) but someone here said they could not get it to work...... I heard the SSD was very difficult to get access to.   I'd be interested to hear if someone has success and knows an easy way to swap the physical drive.

• judojack
    Options

I just bought the new 512GB to replace the 256GB. Once I get my son to swap it out and maybe use my newly generated recovery disc to copy back on to the 512GB.  Will rpt back once I am down?

• IronFly
    Options

i don't know what RPT means but...if you created a full recovery disk, once installed your system will appear as day one; fresh from factory.

• judojack
    Options

RPT means report back.. I will  make a recovery disc/sd-card first.  then work on finding that 256 GB 

• judojack
    Options

Oh by the way are their some settings that I should be aware of:

UEFI Firmware chip:

-  set boot mode to UEFI

-  disable secure boot/fast boot or ultra fast boot - uefi firmware

-  Any other tips would be helpful??

• IronFly
    Options
    Nothing to be aware if you use your recovery media, just check if the new SSD is recognised by the BIOS.
  • LedZeppelin
    Options

To move the iTunes download folder to another drive follow these instructions.  I just cleaned up about 20GB by moving the iTunes folder using these instructions

http://www.howtogeek.com/164275/how-to-change-the-backup-location-of-itunes-or-any-windows-app/

Also, delete all but the most recent RESTORE POINT files. They take several GB each.

• judojack
    Options

Hi, I finally got it done by very carefully taking out the graphics card. the 128/256 GB SSD card is sitting directly underneath  the graphics card and replaced it with 512GB SSD. then, did a factory reboot

• znewcar1
    znewcar1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    So the 128MB Liteon disk0 is under the graphics card.  I don't see it.  I'm trying to upgrade the to a SSD to replace the full smaller one and replace the 1TB HHD.  The computer still boots with all SATA plugs disconnected.  I am very confused.
  • znewcar1
    znewcar1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    judojack said:

Hi, I finally got it done by very carefully taking out the graphics card. the 128/256 GB SSD card is sitting directly underneath  the graphics card and replaced it with 512GB SSD. then, did a factory reboot

So the 120gb Liteon disk0 is under the graphics card.  I don't see it!  I'm trying to upgrade to a single 2tb SSD to replace the full 128mbssd and the 1TB HHD.  I was under the impression the ssd was attached to the hhd.  Yet after backup- restores and cloning I was never able to get it to work.  So for kicks I disconnected all SATA plugs and was surprised that the 120gb drive was still showing.  I am very confused.