Touchpad on new Acers: Is it possible to do PC-style scrolling instead of mac-style?

Options
plato1123
plato1123 Member Posts: 2 New User

I just purchased an Aspire V 13 Touch and I like it but I notice it only does mac-style touchpad scrolling (two fingers slid up or down) and not PC style srolling (one finger on far right of touchpad going up or down).  I can't seem to find an option to change this.  If I wanted a mac I would have bought a mac.  Thanks for your help,

Patrick

PS. One reason I hate it is it takes the computer longer to figure out that a two finger central motion is a scroll (and not something else) than a one finger motion on the far right.  So there's a quarter second or so delay before it knows I'm scrolling, making a motion more cumbursome that I use several times a minute. 

Answers

• plato1123
    plato1123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I notice that the problem (the delay before the driver knows it's a scroll motion) is especially bad and annoying using Firefox's "smooth scrolling".  Turning that off at least makes the scroll "catch up" when it realizes I'm doing a 2-finger scroll.  Still, there are no Elan touchpad settings on this thing as far as I can tell even after reinstalling the driver from Acer's website.  I see screenshots all over the web of the mythical Elan tab in mouse settings that has these extra options but apparently Acer doesn't have these.  Here's the seemingly missing option:

https://support.lenovo.com/~/media/images/migratedassets/consumer_images/userfiles/image/1/1_en__elan_tag__option_1_.ashx?la=en