Predator X34 - How to remove Stand and VESA mount?

Options
samvirs
samvirs Member Posts: 1 New User

So firstly, I have no idea how to remove the stand,

Please send me pictures of how to do it or a video if possible.

Also,

The VESA mount screws on the back of the monitor are as a bend, VESA mounts are flat but the back of the monitor has a bend? How do I use the provided VESA metal piece to mount a VESA wall mount to it?

Again, pictures and video would be appreciated.

Answers

• Vandragorax
    Vandragorax Member Posts: 124 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi samvirs,

It is easier than you think.

First of all, I would suggest resting the monitor face-down on a soft surface such as a bed or pillows to avoid damage to the screen while removing the stand.  Do NOT put any pressure on the back of the monitor while it is resting like this, you don't want to bend or crack it since it has a curve. I would also suggest getting someone to help you if you possibly can.  It's good to have a few hands holding up the monitor when you try to mount it on your desk/wall plate and then you can focus on screwing it in place with the thumb screws without worrying about dropping it.

1. First, look for 4 rubber plugs on the middle of the monitor where the stand connects.  They are square shaped.  Simply pull these out with your fingernails.
    2. Under these are 4 screws, use a standard cross-head screwdriver to remove them.
    3. After this, you can take the stand off by lifting the bottom outwards away from the monitor to about 45 degrees, then sliding the stand downwards.  You can't just pull it straight out due to it having a 'lip' of metal which slots in the top side.
    4. Now you have a standard flat area for a vesa mount, use the thumb screws which came in a bag with the X34 to connect it so it's easy to remove should you wish.

You shouldn't have to use the adapter (metal plate) from the box unless you're using a different sized vesa mount, it will simply mount a 100x100 vesa plate.  Mine rests straight on top of my Ergotron MX desk mount using the thumb screws.

I'm at work right now, but can get some pics when I'm home this evening if you're still having trouble Smiley Happy  It is really very simple though!