Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

I am looking for n acer laptop with i5 or better processor, one with easy acces to ram etc

oldunoldun Posts: 3Member

I am an old fashioned luddite who is looking for a modern acer laptop but one where I can access hard drive, ram and battery without havibng to remove dozens (well it seems like dozens on my existing laptop) of screws.

I have seem much information of the various acermopdels but this information is not readily available.

I know the modern non removable type os construction makes for a slimmer and lighter laptop by these two reatures are not important to me as I am interested in a laptop thaqt always sits on a desk.

Comments

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 7,313ACE Pathfinder

Hello,

I'll try to help you. What models have you seen?

• JordanBJordanB Posts: 3,321ACE Pathfinder

And while Laurent is helping you with laptop, I'll try to get you to consider a desktop....since it's always going to be sitting on a desk.

Desktop......2 screws

Desktop......more powerful (usually)

Desktop......if you spill coffee on your keyboard, no big deal, keyboards are easily replaceable.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/459464/Aspire_ATC-710-UR55_Desktop_Computer

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-ATC-710-UR52-Desktop-Windows-Professional/dp/B01A0ZRXHC

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • oldunoldun Posts: 3Member

My wife and I have Acer an older Aspire 5920 and a newer E5-571.

The 5920 is now havibng problems with the wifif connection so I am looking to replace it. I would like to get a laptop with easily upgradwbake ram and hard drive but as yet I cannot fins any iformation on the various models that have this feature.

I was hoping to get some help with where to start.

I would like a minimum of and i5 processore and 4 GB RAM. The hard drive is not important as I would like to replace with a good size SSD which i already have.

• oldunoldun Posts: 3Member

Re the purchase of a desktop, well I very occasionally take it to a place where I do some volunteering so a deskyop is not really on.

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 7,313ACE Pathfinder

I need more time for the researches. I'll give you an answer ASAP.