Need a manual on Acer's keyboard

nelson3903
nelson3903 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have 2 Acer notebooks and need some kind of keyboard layout with explanation of what all the function keys are -- the mousepad/touchpad is very sensitive and I should be able to disable some of those functions

Answers

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Neither of the linked articles deal with keyboard functionality. So that response was non-germane.

I purchased a ZS600 and had similar difficulty trying to figure out the optional characters available. After a lengthy exchange of electronic epistles with ACER I finally gave up. There does not seem to be anything resembling a manual for a keyboard.

What a waste! Some poor soul designs a keyboard with all sorts of capabilities, but the users aren't told what they are or how to use them.

Leho

• vhope260
    vhope260 Member Posts: 1 New User
  • warwick
    warwick Member Posts: 2 New User

I bought an Acer laptop yesterday. I need a manual so that I can use it.

For example, i need to disable, or turn off, the touchpad. I have an external mouse and the touchpad just creates trouble.

Also I need to know what the functions of the various keys are on the keyboard. Is there a users manual?

My machine is an E1 531.  Help! Help!

Warwick

• DrkBluePenguin
    DrkBluePenguin Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

The icons are a little self explanatory and the manual is installed on your computer. Search Acer User's Manual.

FN+ the following keys:

F3 = Wireless

F4 = Sleep

F5 = switch displays

F6 = clone displays

F7 = Touch-pad

F12 = Scroll Lock

Home = Play/Pause

PgUp = Stop

PgDn = Previous track

End = Next track

Up Arrow = Volume Up