After reinstalling aspire v5-473g Windows not able to boot up

Options
soonhong
soonhong Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

A friend of mine was asking me to help her to fix her aspire v5-473g after she reverted back from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 pro. This system was not able to boot into windows anymore. Tried repairing and was prompted unable to repair blah blah blah...since there is no recovery disc or any installer CDs, I set the BIOS to legacy to boot from a USB stick with Windows 8.1. The harddisk is then re-formatted clean and installation was done. Everything works fine until after 1 reboot, after seeing the Acer logo follow by Windows logo and the screen just went blank with only the blue power LED is lit. Nothing can be done except powering off.

I have performed the above installation at least 3 to 4 times and all gave the same result, blank screen. I have even tried installing a Windows 7 pro and then upgraded it to Windows 10. It also gave me a blank screen eventually. I have never encountered this before and appreciate if you have any solution to this weird behaviour.

Thanks in advance.

SoonHong

Answers

• soonhong
    Options
    HI all, Managed to find the root cause. RAM is the issue. Case closed. Regards, Soon Hong
  • soonhong
    Options

My apologies, the removable of RAM seems not helping. It lasted for a while and the same issue happened again.

Now with only 4Gb of built-in onboard RAM, I did a clean installation of Win 8.1 home x64 (downloaded from MS) and it was fine initally. If I proceed to restart the laptop, it would not boot into windows anymore(be it installed with display driver or not). I see the Acer logo follow by the Win 8 spinning boot screen and then blank screen. Same thing happens on Win 10. Is this an hardware issue? BIOS version is v2.25.

Thanks,

SoonHong

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

First of all, don't use LEgacy,  switch back to UEFI and burn the windows iso file using Rufus:

http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US

set it as on the webpage screenshot and burn the iso file; this will let you boot under UEFI and re-install windows 8.1 or 10.

Once at dekstop i would also update to BIOS 2.30:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.30_A_A.zip?acerid=635573398499733760&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20V5-473G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • soonhong
    Options
    Thank you IronFly (ACE Trailblazer) for your respond but sad to say even re-installing under UEFI mode the issue persisted. I rebooted the laptop after the installation has completed just to see if it can boot into Windows again and yes, it booted into Windows normally and I was happy and then proceed to download Mozilla Firefox and halfway there was this sound (sounds like found new device or when you insert some thing into those usb ports) and then screen just went blank. That's it, can never boot into Windows anymore. I am returning the laptop back to my friend where she can bring it to the service centre for a paid service. Thanks again. Regards, SoonHong
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

You welcome.

I'm not an Acer employee.