Iconia w510 does not display input in a second screen using Asus micro HDMI to VGA cable

Options
hbadran
hbadran Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought this tablet 2 weeks ago. Since I frequently give presntations & there was no micro hdmi to vga cable included in the box I bought an asus cable. Attaching it to TV or projector there was no signal sign on the second screen. I checked the installed Intel graphic accelerator & they say it doent support the operating system on the tablet. Can anyone advise me what to do?

Answers

• MayWu
    MayWu Member Posts: 51

Tinkerer

Options

First, try to update new drivers .

No need to uninstall drivers ,just install the driver package which would replace of old drivers.

Then check micro hdmi to vga cable is avalible for other devices.

And then If there is no signal sign on the second screen again ,  try to replug micro HDMI until TV's signal on (TV must keep power on).

(Long press -> choose right menu "Screen Resolution"-> Check "Multiple dispays:" shown up until hdmi work)

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Driver Package2.04
  • Mscud
    Mscud Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Did anyone find the resolution tothis?  I have the same issue and have updated my drivers but it's stillnot working with the HDMI-VGA cableto another monitor. Help!!  Thanks

• Mscud
    Mscud Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

What doyou mean by "long press"  - I don't seem to have the option of changing to multipledisplays in Control Panel - Display - Change Display Settings. Help!

Also, how dowe check to make sure our HDMI port is working? 

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Go into Device Manager > Display Adapter and make sure you have an Intel Driver. If a Microsoft driver it will not output on HDMI. If Intel was is the version number. 

This discussion has been closed.