I am having difficulty finding a cable lock for my acerR14 lap top. The slot is much too small for

Options
2»

Answers

• SScott1063
    SScott1063 Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

Is there any update on this issue?  I've got multiple events this week and still no way to secure my Acer hardware beyond constant vigilence and shlepping it everywhere with me when I should be able to focus on other things.

• RonM
    RonM Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi SScott,

I still know of no commercial product.  I finally secured a small metal ring tightly to the computer double slot via a nylon zip tie (through side slot, out the bottom slot, through ring and zip tie fastener--draw tight).  I had a metal cable with loops on both  ends. I loop the cable around a table leg and attach it to the ring with a small combination lock. The week point is the zip tie, but it is so firmly attached that it does not leave much room for someone to cut it quickly or easily.  Sofar my computer has always remained on the library table when I go for coffee.  Certainly not the best solution, but for now it seems to work.  I wish there were a better solution.   Please let me know if you find one.   Ron

• BC33
    BC33 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have verified with Acer that there is no known commercial lock made for the small dual locking slots on the Aspire R 15 and similar. They recommend using a thin cable run through the two holes to secure it, which is what they say they do with machines like this at trade shows, etc. Disappointing, but that seems to be the only choice.