Predator G9-591 Turning off randomely?

Options
ElieJeb17
ElieJeb17 Member Posts: 20 New User

Seems like I'm the only one suffering lots of problems with my laptop. Have any of you predator laptop users suffered a random shut down ? My laptop had randomely shut down twice from a period of 2 months. Its quite weird and quite worrying, are the batteries for the predator just bad(due to the fact of the 30%-40% drain during gaming) or what is the exact problem?

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Eliejeb17,

Have you tried looking into the Windows errors that occur when the unit does shut down? If it's a certain application that it happens with, it could be as simple as reinstalling the application. Without knowing the specifics, I'd probably start to look at the RAM and the HDD next. You can run diagnostics on both to see if there is an issue. I'd follow that up with looking at doing a system recovery and then if that doesn't solve it contacting support and letting us take care of any hardware failures.

As for the battery draw, the system is designed to draw battery power when the AC Adapter is plugged in to take full advantage of the GPU. This will  happen until you hit 30% of remaining battery life.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• ElieJeb17
    ElieJeb17 Member Posts: 20 New User
    Options

Hello Cory, With acer care centre, it says HDD is fine and all is good. With applications, not so sure, it might be sometimes because it shut down when I was playing rocket league. But to be honest out of the many hours that I play rocket league without the power supply, it doesnt switch off. just at Weird random times. It shut down when I was only skyping a friend, then shut down randomly when I was playing a game without power supply connected. With power supply on, i dont think it has turned off.