Windows 10 start menu bug-Predator G9-591

ElieJeb17
ElieJeb17 Member Posts: 20 New User

Win10 Start Menu Bug.jpg

Hello acer community,

I seem to have this bug on my windows 10 pro. It happened when i had home too. Whenever I press the start menu, it shows the normal colour i picked, after I press any thing on it like all apps or power, it goes darker. If i even hover my mouse over the start menu it still goes darker. I have even tried restoring it and such.

Please is there a solution

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

laptop model?

can be a graphic driver that needs to be updated or some missing font.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ElieJeb17

Therw we go, updated it. Predator g9-591

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ElieJeb17

The nvidia is the most up to date driver now, version 361.91. But I will update the recent driver for intel and ill tell you what happens friend.

• ElieJeb17

Hello there is still the problem after updating drivers and such. Please it would be great if you could help me out here. I have even taking it back to factory settings and such and still seems to be bugging. Acer support in the US wont seem to help me out due to not finding my SNID so please.

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

Did you install Acer Care Center? It shows usually the SN.

• ElieJeb17

I have it my friend, but they didnt help me out. If you could please hell me with this weird bug that would be great. Hopefully the acer support guys could see this post.

• beststevie
    you wrote: due to not finding my SNID so please.... the serial no. should be found by software, too. Acer Care Center does. Or HWINFO or some else.... I had some negative experiences with the win10 start menue like not functioning any more or all quickstarts are lost....but all was Miccisoft created and after some restarts, it was gone..or some more updates.
  • ElieJeb17

Yes, I used acer care centre. It gives me the SNID. No issue. but the acer service centre that i called in the US couldnt find it out. But when I go put my SNID for drivers, it recognizes my laptop. So they werent very helpful. No I have no help because in the middle east, they cant answer my problem.

• beststevie

ok, I see now, u have a real big problem. But lets think of finding a completely different but simple solution for you.

Frist try: please just create a new user and try it. User without admin rights

• ElieJeb17

Can you please tell me how to do that step by step, im very new to windows 10.

• beststevie

I've send you a private message. Check it out.

• ElieJeb17

Hello, sorry for the late reply, I did see your message. But its fine. Im sure we dont need all that hassle. Its a bug thats all. So im guessing I dont know what to really do about it and quite confused. 

• ElieJeb17

Hello acer community,

I seem to have this bug on my windows 10 pro. It happened when i had windows 10 home too. Whenever I press the start menu, it shows the normal colour i picked, after I press any thing on it like all apps or power, it goes darker. If i even hover my mouse over the start menu it still goes darker. I have even tried restoring it and such.

Yes graphics drivers and everything is working fine.

PLEASE IF ANYONE COULD HELP, CHECK PAGE 1 FIRST POST BY ME. SCREENSHOT IS THERE

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

Ok set the personalization setting the same as the picture below

Screenshot_1.png

I think the problem is in your settings so try changing them to defult(as the picture). If this doesn't fix the problem then it is a bug in the windows. And if this disturbs you that badly I advice you to do a factory reset.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ven98

By the way I had a similar problem on my old laptop and it got fixed by itself. So i advice you to wait or update to windows 10 anniversary and this might fix it.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• sebhanson
    sebhanson Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey mate, first thing I thought of was your personalisation settings, like ven98 said.  I haven't played around with it on mine, but it could be to do with the setting for Start-menu transparency.

• ElieJeb17

hey ven, sadly i had these settings available and it still had this weird bug. Ive actually done 2 factory reset to my laptop and it used to go fine for like 1-2 weeks and then it happens all over again. So its pretty ***** luck. I live in the middle east and the service centres here arent that good, i believe going to EU or US would be the only solution I have.

• ven98

I am really unhappy to read that even after the factory reset still doesn't fix. I can only advice you to wait until the anniversary update comes out for the predator laptops(after the update this might get fixed but until then.....)

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system