I was sent the wrong monitor from AcerRecertified....

OfficerCrunk
OfficerCrunk Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

So this past Tuesday I ordered a recertified Acer Predator x34 monitor from the AcerRecertified website.  It was delivered today and when I got home I unpacked the monitor and was getting it ready to setup only to notice that the front of the monitor said "ACER" instead of "PREDATOR".

Sure enough after reading the model number on the monitor it looks like I was delivered an Acer XR341CK monitor.....  This is not what I ordered and I am extremely annoyed right now.  I already sent the AcerRecertified website an email after attemping to call, but they're closed on Saturdays.

Has anyone had a similar problem to me?  I'm seriously hoping they fix this because this monitor is worthless to me without Gsync....

Answers

• dpeagle
    dpeagle Member Posts: 25 New User

2 questions, how much did they charge for it? and on the order you placed, what is the part number? i believe acer considers the xr341ck a "predator", just the freesync model. a recertified x34 would still likely command about $1100.00 usd.

• OfficerCrunk

http://acerrecertified.com/UM.CX1AA.A01

That's a link to the product I ordered.  Notice how it mentions GSync in the description?  The monitor I got clearly doesn't have GSync.  

http://imgur.com/zLcAtZ5

There's a picture of my order receipt.  It says Acer Predator x34 and links directly to the page I listed above.  

So I sincerely think I didn't get the product I ordered.  Again, the monitor I got (XR341CK) is worthless to me without GSync, which was the biggest selling point to me. 

• dpeagle
    dpeagle Member Posts: 25 New User

the description and sku are for just what you thought you were getting, an x34. boy, i hope it was simply a mistake by their shipping department and not in the description of what they were actually selling. please post back after you talk to customer service. good luck

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• OfficerCrunk
    So I called them today and basically was told I had 2 options. First was to keep the monitor I was sent and they'd give me $100. Second is to send this monitor back and they'd refund me all of my money and I'll have to keep an eye out for another predator to order.

Not happy at all with this situation to be honest. I don't want freebies, I just want what I ordered...
  • Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi OfficerCrunk,

I'm sorry to hear about the mix up. Submitting the webform on the site and contacting them is the appropriate step. I've also sent an email to my contacts to see if we can help get a speedy resolution in place.

Thanks,
    Cory

• BigTime21
    BigTime21 Member Posts: 2 New User

Sorry to revive an old thread but it's the first thing that popped up when I search this problem.

Same thing happened to me just now.  I received a XR342CK instead of the Predator X34.  I am very unhappy as I checked night and day to find this deal and was so happy when I finally scored one.  I even had one before now but it sold out during the checkout!  So this just makes it all the more disappointing.  I tried calling but no answer.  I have sent an email with my order number and email about the issue.

If somehow you read this OP what path did you end up taking?  Were you able to work out a better solution?

• OfficerCrunk
    Hey there. I'll expand on the situation for you but if you want a quick tl;dr it's basically never use Acerrecertified.com for anything, ever. It's probably not what you wanted to hear but get your money back ASAP and find somewhere else to spend it.

So if you read above you'll see my options as keep the monitor sent to me plus $100 or return it for a full refund. I returned the one I had because GSync was a must in the new monitor I was purchasing.

After sending it back and getting my refund, which was processed pretty quick, I gambled on using AcerRecertified again but this time using their eBay store front.

What a terrible mistake this was. I decided to just go with the XB271HU 1440p/GSync monitor because the Predator was never in stock. In total I was sent 3 XB271HU monitors (yay they got the monitors right this time at least) and all 3 were damaged due to **bleep** poor shipping methods.

I'll dig up my reddit posts if you'd like to show you what I'm talking about, just let me know if you'd like to see them.

In the end, after 6 weeks almost, they told me to keep the last broken monitor I was sent and refunded me in full. I went to my local Frys and purchased a Asus PG279Q and haven't looked back since.

Please take your money elsewhere and save yourself the headache of dealing with AcerRecertified. Just reading your situation brings back PTSD from what I had to deal with. Best of luck to you.
  • BigTime21
    BigTime21 Member Posts: 2 New User

Wow, that sucks man.  Sorry you had so much trouble.  I'd definitely like to read up on your posts if you don't mind.  

I'm guessing I'll wait to see what they say, but it looks like a refund is in my future.  Just sucks how much time and stress I spent trying to catch the deal and how overly joyed I was to actually finally see the purchase made.  Only to run into this situation.  I guess Acer in general will be put on my blacklist of products, not just the recertified.  Unless somehow they come through for me on this occassion.  Fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

We suggest you contact the AcerRecertified for any assistance, since these systems are handle through Acer Recertified store, not direct with Acer. Please contact them.

All refurb RMA and support should go to PlanITROI and the contact details are:  Phone 1-844-433-8476  Email: Service@AcerRecertified.com  8:00 am to 5:00 pm M-F, EST time-zone

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.