acer x203h monitor

gillianoakes
gillianoakes Member Posts: 2 New User

Had windows xp pc and acer x203h widescreen  monitor, all worked brilliantly.  But moved over to windows 10 on HP pc and the display is stretched - does not seem to be a function on monitor controls to change aspect etc.  Have made all the adjustments I can on windows settings but the system will only allow resolution of 1024 x 768 when I think it should be c 1600x900.  If I try to set it to another resolution, the screen goes blank and get a message saying 'input not supported'.

Have searched to see if there are windows 10 drivers but not able to find anything in case that is the problem.

Not sure if it is relevant but the pc only takes hdmi input from screen, so have got a VGA/HDMI adapter so can link VGA output from monitor to hdmi slot at back of pc.

Has anyone come across this problem at all?  Am loathe to dump this monitor which I like working on but impossible now to use - all images for example are ridiculously wide!

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

What is displayed for your video driver in device manager? I show the native resolution for the x203h is 1600 x 900, so that is what Windows should be set at. It is a stretch, but you could try loading the Vista driver to see if it will allow that resolution to be set. I am including a link below.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Monitor/Monitor_Acer_1.0_Vistax86_X203H.zip?acerid=633806531120015059

• gillianoakes
    gillianoakes Member Posts: 2 New User

Success, thank you!  Not sure whether it was the Vista driver, but discovered an Intel Graphics Control Panel under advanced settings of screen resolution page, so adjusted resolution there and selected 'scale to full screen', and now I have correctly proportioned images on the screen.