ACER CB5-571 how to get Windows installed.

xxnonamexx
xxnonamexx Member Posts: 1 New User

My friends nephew doesn't like Chromwbook and wants Windows to use for school. How can I install Windows on this Acer chromebook? Thanks

Answers

• Angie1
    Angie1 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon

Hey! This might help you.

Chromebooks don’t normally run Windows software that’s the best and worst thing about them. You don’t need antivirus or other Windows desktop junk, but you can’t install Skype, full Microsoft Office, or other Windows desktop applications.

Luckily, there are ways to use Windows desktop programs on a Chromebook either running them remotely on an existing Windows system or getting your hands dirty in developer mode and running them on your Chromebook itself.

Access a Windows Desktop Remotely.

Google’s Chrome OS is meant to be a lightweight operating system, so why not embrace that? The recommended way to run Windows software on your Chromebook is to run that Windows software on a remote computer and access it remotely. There are two different approaches you can take here:

Use Your Own Windows Computer: If you already have a Windows computer — such as a Windows desktop that’s not too portable — you can use it to run your Windows software. Install Google’s Chrome Remote Desktop app on your Chromebook and enable remote connections. You’ll be able to connect to your Windows desktop from your Chromebook — or any other computer running Chrome — and view your Windows desktop in a browser tab, allowing you to work with Windows applications from your Chromebook. Chrome Remote Desktop isn’t the only option — there are ways to access remote RDP and VNC servers from Chrome OS, too.

The downside here is that your Windows computer will have to be running all the time you need to use it. It’s a convenient solution for personal use, but businesses won’t want to manage a separate Windows computer for each Chromebook user.

Full Article Click Here

:):)  Smile you don't when you are going to miss a tooth  =)=) 

Like if you like my answer