XB280HK No signal when connecting to different pc and/or via hdmi adaptor

ChrisWaller
ChrisWaller Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 23 in 2018 Archives

Hi,

I've been using my XB280HK with my gaming pc for a while now and it's been great. One limitation is that it only has one displayport input. I'm therefore thinking of relegating it to my work pc or doing something clever to try and get a bit more usability out of it.

My work PC connects via a displaylink USB3 dock. That has 2 hdmi and 1 displayport output. The HDMI outputs work fine (to a different monitor), but when I try to hook up the displayport my PC picks up that there's a new monitor (it shows it as generic PnP but does pick up that the resolution is 4K) but the monitor still states "no signal".

Thinking that it might be a displayport issue, I've purchased a HDMI to DisplayPort adaptor but that gives the same outcome - no signal (no matter what the HDMI source). Is the XB280HK really picky about what kind of device is sending it a signal?

In the long-run I'd like to run more than one device into the monitor by way of a DisplayPort switch. I've been able to hook up a switch and my original gaming pc connects via the switch with no problems. However, if I can't get a second device to get picked up by the monitor (with or without the switch) then it's a non-starter.

So basically, hook up to swanky gaming pc via displayport - all systems go. Hook up via DisplayLink + DisplayPort - nothing. Hook up from any device via HDMI to DisplayPort adaptor - nothing.

Answers

• Qwixt
    Qwixt Member Posts: 6 New User

It could be hdmi version you are using. You might want to google "4k hdmi". From what I could tell, you need hdmi 1.4 or higher for 4k @ 60hz.

• ChrisWaller
    ChrisWaller Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks. I'm not sure it's that as I was trying to display at 1080.

Weirdly, I got it to recognise the input from my second PC by setting adaptor mode to 24Hz (still 1080). It will then replicate what's showing on the original monitor.

All of this is through a DisplayPort cable.

Have sent off for a different HDMI to DisplayPort adaptor to see how I get on with that.

• jerry00
    jerry00 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I just bought the new Acer monitor and my PC is not giving me a signal in to the monitor. Can someone give help

Thanks 

• condor96
    condor96 Member Posts: 2 New User
    jerry00 said:

Hello,

I just bought the new Acer monitor and my PC is not giving me a signal in to the monitor. Can someone give help

Thanks 

• condor96
    condor96 Member Posts: 2 New User
    sorry about that I do have the same problem and I am looking for help no signal in screen xb280hk my pc is Toshiba satellite s70-b please any body ?