Acer XG270HU (firmware update?)

Hydra_360ci
Hydra_360ci Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

It seems that the Acer XG270HU has gotten a Firmware update to fix the Free Sync function. I want to know if my monitor is part of that recall or not. And if so, how do I go about to get the firmware updated. I bought it from newegg on June 16, 2015 

Also, can't seem to register this monitor on the website....

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

You would need to send the monitor in for service to have the firmware updated. You can set it up for service by calling  866-695-2237. If you are unable to get the help you need via phone support, please send me a private message with your serial number.

• chris_b_232
    chris_b_232 Member Posts: 2 New User

Anyone know where can can I buy the Acer XG270HU with a 100% garentee it will have the 15 05 06-01 (Newest) firmware? Also is there a way to confirm the firmware before buying?

• Hydra_360ci

Service and not any type of recall?

So, it's gonna cost me shipping costs to get this completed?

• Blayn-Acer

Send me a PM. I can help with that.

• Orgainic
    Orgainic Member Posts: 4 New User

Same problem here, got significant amount of ghosting and input-lagg when using Freesync, especially at lower frame rates and it's really annoying. I have got an old firmware version "15 01 23 -01" and would really appreciate it to have it updated.

@Acer-Blayn, please help me with my issue!

• Hydra_360ci

Probably should make a new thread.... though, I don't know guess they could respond to this one. Think it took them 1 or 2 weeks, before they started responding to me.

I never did send my monitor, in. Probably too late, now.

I chickened out. I didn't reallly want to risk getting a refurb that had a dead pixel. Plus, I originally bought the monitor for it's 144hz ability, not the freesync stuff. Also never shipped anything this expensive, before (think fedex only insures up to 100 bucks, before they want money from you).... so, I just chickened out.

If someone from Acer does reply.... how long do I have before I'd have to pay for this repair... Though imagine, it really should be a recall and not a warranty repair. I have the shipping label printed up... (even though FedEx no longer has it available for printing...)

• Blayn-Acer

Most Acer monitors have 3 year warranties, so you should be able to send it in at no charge any time during that period. If you send me a private message, I can confirm your warranty and help get this set up if you are interested.

• Orgainic

I can confirm Blayn allready wrote me a PM! I'm really looking forward to get the new firmware update!

• Hydra_360ci

I do like this monitor.

well, except for the wobbly stand (the monitor is not VESA compatible, if I remember correctly; so can't replace the stand, either).

• Orgainic

I do like it too, alot. But I bought it because of FreeSync, or letz say, all of it's features. So I rly want it to have FreeSync or I have to sell it/ send it back what ever Smiley Happy.
    Besides that missing Overdrive feature, it's a rly satisfying and great monitor!

• louEVIL_Slugger
    louEVIL_Slugger Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @Acer-Blayn said:
    > Most Acer monitors have 3 year warranties, so you should be able to send it in at no charge any time during that period. If you send me a private message, I can confirm your warranty and help get this set up if you are interested.

cant figure out how to send a PM. lol
  • Funnybuddha
    Funnybuddha Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2017
    Hello @Acer-Blayn, I've been researching my freesync flicker issue on my Acer XG270gu and came across this post.  https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/415397/acer-xg270hu-firmware-update  Is there a firmware update to correct the issue?  I've fresh outta ideas.  The issue only happens when freesync is on.  Works ok without Freesync tech but obviously that's one of the reasons I purchased it.  Let me know if you need any additional info ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

S/N: *****************

[Edited By: Acer-Victor]
  • iamscottbs
    iamscottbs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey I have the same problem here. I just bought mine from Newegg and it arrived today. Do I need to get a firmware update to fix the blackscreens? Also if I get a dead pixel from the firmware update can I get it fixed with my 3 year warrenty?
  • Hivemind69
    Hivemind69 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem of black screens while using freesync. I’m disappointed that acer would keep selling these with this issue as i waited this long to buy it counting on this issue being fixed. I normally buy LG but changed my brand and am regretting my decision. Now I have to be without a monitor for a few weeks while mine gets shipped back. Please if I send it back do I include all the power cords or just the monitor?