Where are motherboard drivers for Acer RS880M05 ?

Cortex
Cortex Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

There is no download link for drivers of motherboard Acer RS880M05 on Acer web site...

Where can I find this drivers?

Thank you for your help.

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

IT is Better to know the Model (Like M3400) of Computer your MB was in... IF you bought the MB used then there are ways to get that info but you would need to bring up your BIOS when you start your computer....

In your bios by pressing the Del Button when you turn the computer on. Your bios loads and in there your looking for your computer Model Name. It may even be the M3400. ONce you get that info you can then go to your Computers Drivers area on Acer and DL your Drivers for your computer. However remember if you bought it used not everything that the drivers are for may be on the system now.. So get all the drivers and the computer will only install the ones it needs. If you need other drivers for parts on your MB that isn't supported by Acer then you would need to find them from another source... 

Hope this was helpful..

James...

• RIGMASTER12_
    RIGMASTER12_ Member Posts: 1 New User

THE ACER ASPIRE M3400 IS YOUR MODEL, BUT IT DOESN'T OFFER ANY SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10, THE CHIPSET IS AN AMD 880G AND AMD HAS SUPPLIED AN UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10 AND ALSO RAID EXPERT UTILITY THE DOWN LINKS PAGE IS :

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy4&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

THE 32BIT (x86) & 64 BIT DRIVERS FOR WIN 10, 8.1 & 7 sp1, ARE CONTAINED IN THE DOWNLOAD, IT WILL UPDATE THE 880G CHIPSET AND THE SB850 SOUTHBRIDGE. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT. ACER ARE USELESS WHEN IT COMES TO LEGACY PRODUCT SUPPORT AND UPDATES, NO UPDATES FROM THEM SINCE 2011 AND THAT'S ONLY 2 YEARS AFTER PURCHASE, MOST DECENT MANUFACTURER'S SUPPORT THEIR PRODUCTS UNDER WARRANTY FOR 3 YEARS, I GOT WIN 10 DRIVER SUPPORT FOR MY GIGABYTE AM2+ SYSTEM AND I BUILT THAT BACK IN 05. IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO UPGRADE YOUR PROC, THE BOARD CAN JUST ABOUT SUPPORT THE AMD PHENOM II 1090T, BUT THE 1100T NEEDS TOO MUCH POWER FOR THE CHIPSET. EQUALLY IT ALSO SUPPORTS * Phenom II X4 (Quad-Core) – 965, 955, 945, 925, 910, 910e I THINK THERE'S A BIOS UPDATE THAT ALLOWS FOR 970 & 980 SUPPORT AS WELL, I HAVE A 970 RUNNING STABLE AT 4GHZ ON A GIGABYTE MA790X-UD3P rev:1.0 WITH 8GB DDR2 1333MHZ & A KRAKEN X61 COOLER. IT'S BEEN 5YRS SINCE I STARTED UPGRADE RESEARCH ON MY ACER, BUT I NEVER COULD MANAGE TO GET A RAM QVL, EVEN FROM ACER SUPPORT TECHS WHILST UNDER WARRANTY; SO I JUST UPGRADED TO 8GB 1333MHZ AND INSTALLED MY OWN GRAPHICS AND SOUND, IT DOES THE JOB REASONABLY WELL NOW. MY OTHER DDR3 COMP IS AN ASUS Z97-A WITH AN i7-4790K CPU, 32GB 2400MHZ, 2 X 4GB GTX 980 Ti'S. IT RUNS COLD & STABLE AT 4.7GHZ TURBO OC USING THE SAME COOLER AND I GET 120FPS IN ALL GAMES. IT WAS A BIT PRICEY TO BUILD BUT NO AMD CAN COMPETE WITH IT FOR SPEED