Denmark - Acer Aspire E1-571

AnneLis
AnneLis Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi

I'm introducing my self - non-tech female from Denmark, sitting with €%&/()= computer which I let a friend use for a few weeks and now it is so filled with virus and games, and shopping stuff that it does not work. 

I have back up of everything and just want to restore factory settings, but here on the forum, it says that technical support should be postede in technical forums - where is that?

I've watchede this video like a dozen times http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2631/~/using-recovery-management-outside-of-windows

My problem is, the computer does not reboot like it so easily does in the video. It goes straight to the startup page where I have to log in- ohhh and did I mention my friend also managede to change the language of the computer to SPANISH!!!

So - please, anybody, somebody - how do I delete everything from my computer, and get it back to nice clean zero?

Thanks in Advance

Anne Lis

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

First of all, which windows version is installed?

if you do the ALT+F10 keys at boot, is your laptop able to start the recovery process?

can you check on BIOS if D2D support is enabled?

press F2 at boot, then look for D2D option, enable it if it's disabled and press F10 to save and exit, then try again pressing ALT+F10 at boot

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • AnneLis

Hi IronFly

Thank you for your responds - ehmmm what version of Windows?? Hmmm I'm not sure - everything is in Spanish. 

But it does say Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 under what I believe is programs and BoBrowser, which logo looks like Google Chrome? I think it might be Windows 10 but I'm far from sure. 

When I press ALT (on the left side of the space key) and F10 at the same time, nothing at all happens, the computer just keeps starting up as usual and goes straight from an Acer symbol to the log in pace - nothing at all like in the support movie I found online http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2631/~/using-recovery-management-outside-of-windows

I have no idea what BIOS is, but when I followed your direction and pressed F2 at boot I came to a purpel blue page where it said on top "InsydeH20 Setup Utility"

On the left side it starts out with CPU Type, CPU Speed and further down it says "System BIOS Version" across from that it says V2.11 but I can not find anywhere scrolling trough the different menues where it says D2D. 

Do you have any other suggestions??

• IronFly

To check your windows version, once at desktop, press windows logo key + r

type 

msinfo32

press enter

the first string is the windows version

D2D on BIOS

D2D BIOS

• AnneLis

IMG_8052 copy.jpg

Hi Again

Here is my image of the same screen that you just posted - I don't see or have the D2D Recovery thing. 

But I did manage to get the other part done, and I'm having a Microsoft Windows 8 - 6.2.9200 Compilacion 9200 if that is of any help. 

Thanks again again Smiley Happy

• IronFly

ok, probably your friend killed the recovery partition.

i can only suggest you to do a windows 10 clean install (you will need a 8GB USB flash drive), it's a free upgrade on windows OS.

please check on BIOS if is set to UEFI or Legacy; set it to UEFI if possible.

and from the main page, set F12 boot menu to Enabled

download this tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

run it and let it download the windows 10 installation files, you must to be patient, big files. Smiley Happy

once done, plug your USB flash drive and create a bootable USB flash drive, following onscreen instructions.

when done, plug the USB flash drive to your E1, boot and press F12 during boot, choose the USB flash drive as bootable device.

then follow this guide:

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

probably you will not need to entry any product key, if it's asked, just skip those steps.