V3-771G drivers for Windows 10

alinBOGDAN
alinBOGDAN Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello,

The V3-771G notebook is not listed as a system that will have Windows 10 drivers uploaded for it.

And because I performed a clean install on this machine I lost the drivers.

Since I don't trust all the softwares that search and download the missing drivers, is there a safe way to download them?

Many thanks in advance,

Alin BOGDAN

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you just need to search drivers for hardware that windows 10 is not able to auto-install.

to check it

windows logo key + x

click on Device manager

check if any yellow exclamation mark is present

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • alinBOGDAN
    alinBOGDAN Member Posts: 4 New User

So I should trust that device manager doesn't have any question marks?

I remember on Windows 7 and 8.1 I had to download quite a lot of drivers.

Aren't some drivers more or less necessary and not listed under some hardware in device manager?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Windows 10 works a little better (or worse, depends on your need) on updating/installing drivers, so if your Device manager looks clean, windows 10 did all the work for you.

For sure, searching around the web, you can find newer drivers but is it worth?

Drivers are for hardware, you can check on Device manager about hidden devices (sometimes this can arise a yellow exclamation mark), click on View tab and choose to show hidden devices.

the only missing thing i can notice, is Acer Launch manager that is incompatible with windows 10, so Fn+F keys cannot work or have some trouble working.

I'm not an Acer employee.