Acer e5 573 internet problems

Ruph0us
Ruph0us Member Posts: 1 New User

I've been having problems with the wireless internet connetion on this laptop since it arrived under a month ago. I looked online a while ago for a solution and it was suggested that i update the wireless LAN driver. I did so and installed the Atheros (NFA435) Driver from this website but am still getting terrible internet connection. Also IPv6 connetivity says 'no network access' I'm not sure if the 2 things are related. Some help would be appreciated

2016-01-22.png2016-01-22 (1).png

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

First on the IP6. Not all Routers or Services offer IP6 Connections at this time. So most services are only IP4

However your WIFI card shows you have IP6 Address....

Then about your Speeds? It is hard to say that your problem is with your Wireless device... There are many things that make your Wireless good or bad...One Good! Being Close to your Wireless Router. Bad Being far away from it. Having loads of others in your area that are on the Same Channel as your Router and so it is Getting Bleed over...

Another thing that can make a system have bad Wifi is Microwaves.. Cell phones, Cordless Phones and things that can also Interfere with your Wireless... 

Then I thought I would mention what I see in your Pictures!!!!!! In the first picture what you are seeing is your NETWORK Traffic not anything to do with your Signal. If you look at the Bottom of your WIFI it says you have good Signal... Then there is the Traffic speeds.. This isn't anything to do with your WIFI card but to do with what your Downlaoding. or where your going like to a website. There are many Hops that you have to go though and every hop lets say is like a Speed Trap... So Here is a few things you can do to make sure that you have the best speed! One make sure you have a Router that is able to be like B-G-N at least and AC for 5G. And just becasue you have one that will do it at times people have it set for only B an G Sad but true.... Also I am not sure if your system is ACBGN as I don't know your Wireless card.. If you are looking for the 5G speeds it could be do to your router not supporting it or if it does it may be turned off..... Second Picture says your Speeds is 72 and that isn't the best and if that is your speed at MOST times on N that kind of tells me that your system is sharing a Channel with a Wfi next to you and so your speed is lower then 150 or 300 but hardly would you be able to connect at that unless you are with NO one around and no one sharing your Router Channel....

Like my System, I have a Complex system so I won't say to much besides to say that I have 3 routers, One that is set up for my Main house and all the guest that come over. It is a B-G-N router but is only set to B and G. Some family members have Lagecy devices,  Then i have one that is set up for AC-N on a Different IP, That one has my Ext 2.4 with G and N set up. It is outside and able to be used Long range. So I can visit my family and still be on my Network... The main thing about my system is they are all on different Channels and don't get bleed over... 

Lastly I wanted to add. Even with a Wifi setup your router still does just that and routes your packets.... If you have 10 items on your router, You maybe 10th in line and that means it checking each of your other devices to see if it is the right place for the data to end.. Also Traffic of others  on your sytem that could be Streaming videos, Downloading MS updates or playing ONLINE games that use TCP... You will have UP and DOWN on your Graph. That is your Traffic. Your system sends out a request, then it gets the request back. ON the down side is low or no traffic while it waits for the Return! Or could be becasue you went to a Website that isn't Graphic Intense, So you only show small line. Then you are reading the website, Looking over whatever, You scroll down and a small logo below loads... Not large so small graph. Then your reading or waiting maybe walked away from PC or on phone call. NO traffic on your Wifi.... Then you click a Link. A Large Spike in your graph. Could be large Website with large Graphics you scroll down some more big Graphics.. Your Graph looks normal... Only time it would be an issue for me is if your loosing packets... OR if your doing Updates and it stalls long time... However again that could just be your wait for return....

Not everyone you Visit have OC48 Internet. Or laods af T-1's, T-3, OC3, OC12 or even a OC192.. Smaller the Data center at times the longer you have to wait at the Stop Light....

Hope you find some of this Useful... Again to me your 72Mbps speeds kind of tells me there are others on the same channel as your router..

James

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

And just wanted to add. Here is my List on my Wifi... The top 5 and The Photosmart Printer all mine. That one there is on the other side of my house and that is the Printers adhavoc connection so far away but I don' t connect direct to it anyway. Only though the Network.... That isn't the Complete list of routers that are in my area.... Just an idea of all that is around me

James

Screenshot (29).png

• birendradutt31
    birendradutt31 Member Posts: 1 New User

pilj cal me  ***

[edited for privacy - THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]