Aspire v3-772g-7872 RAM Capacity

levin33
levin33 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

So I have the acer model as described in the subject, and I've been searching all over the net and forums to try and discover the maximum ram capacity of my motherboard. Ever since purchasing my laptop a little over a year ago I've always had a hard time finding any information or support for my specific model. The laptop came with 16gb of ram in the form of 2 x 8gb sticks, and I know for fact there is a total of 4 available slots which gives me the impression that it's upgradable to hold more. But I would like to be certain the motherboard has a maximum capacity higher than the stock 16gb before I go about and spend the money buying more RAM. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Brett L.

Best Answer

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

System Memory

Dual-channel DDR3L SDRAM support:

Up to 8 GB of DDR3L system memory, upgradable to 16 GB using two soDIMM modules for UMA machine (only has INTEL graphic controller) with Quad-Core CPU under 64bit OS,

upgradable to 32 GB using four soDIMM modules for DIS machine (has both INTEL graphic controller and NVIDIA graphics processing unit) with CPU under 64bit OS

So looking more into it. It shows that it can be upgraded with all values upto 32gb to get there from the 4 slots So could be Even 8 + 8, And 4+4 for total of 24 Or could do 8+8 and 2+8 Even for 26gb but upto as much as 32gb in total 

James

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

System Memory

Dual-channel DDR3L SDRAM support:

Up to 8 GB of DDR3L system memory, upgradable to 16 GB using two soDIMM modules for UMA machine (only has INTEL graphic controller) with Quad-Core CPU under 64bit OS,

upgradable to 32 GB using four soDIMM modules for DIS machine (has both INTEL graphic controller and NVIDIA graphics processing unit) with CPU under 64bit OS

So looking more into it. It shows that it can be upgraded with all values upto 32gb to get there from the 4 slots So could be Even 8 + 8, And 4+4 for total of 24 Or could do 8+8 and 2+8 Even for 26gb but upto as much as 32gb in total 

James

• levin33
    levin33 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks!