Wireless mouse not working

Options
Glidersgate
Glidersgate Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I have purchased an Acer bundle package from Bestbuy can got it yesterday (16-01-19). The laptop is great but after couple hours of using it, I noticed that the wireless mouse isn't working. I have replaced the battery and tried it on other laptops and nothing worked. It's the black Acer wierelss optical mouse (AMR514) so bestbuy doesn't have it. I've spoken with a live agent and they stated that Acer doesn't do exchange. What can I do?

Thank you.

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

I am not sure how the mouse you have works! I am not sure if there is a Reciver or if it is Bluetooth?

If it is Bluetooth I would make sure that you didn't turn off the Bluetooth on accident... if it is Wireless and there is a toggle to turn off or one on a Keypad short cut maybe... that is if your System has a built in Pad as well. maybe there is a Toggle to turn one off and such...

if it has a Reciver that you plug into your USB I would make sure that it is plugged in and then on the Mouse there maybe a Reset buttton or a Connect button. I would maybe try pressing that to see if you can get it working again...

Hope this helps some

James

• Glidersgate
    Glidersgate Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello. Thank you for your reply. It is a reciver. The only button there are on the mouse are on/off and beside it is a light indicting that it is on. I've tried unplugging and replugging the usb to the laptop but got no respond. I've tried it on other laptops and still can't get the mouse to work. Any other suggestions? 

Thank you. 

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Sadly I don't you have done loads of other ideas that I would have had to offer. Trying it in a different port! on a different computer. and so on... you say it has alight so you know it is ok working? i have one that the Power button is not working well. So I don't use it anymore if I bump it I have to play with it some to get it workings.....

Sorry for some reason it seems to have been bad. I know they are not to Costly and can be found for under 20 these days... May be the next step...

James