TC-705-EB53 video card installation

tkavantkavan Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter

I've successfully installed an eVGA GeForce GT 730 2GB GDDR5 64bit card with no problems... except that I first punched out the wrong hole in the back of the case :-(.  I guess I can regard it as extra ventilation?

I have two questions:

- The specs say the PCI exansion slot is x16, but Speccy shows it as x8.  Have I done something wrong?

- In the pic below what is the square thing above the expansion slot, and what are the the black and white wires coming from it?  And what is the thicker black wire at the bottom?

Thanks for any answers,

Tom

Expansion slot.jpg

Best Answer

• IronFlyIronFly ACE Posts: 18,415 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer

EVGA isn't very clear if it's x8 or x16, because saying PCI-E 2.0 means nothing or at least capable to x16.

it's better if you send an email to EVGA and ask that information.

I'm not an Acer employee.

FAQ & Answers

Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online910

AnhEZ28
AnhEZ28
Ashk
Ashk
AuntSally
AuntSally
DKmanuel
DKmanuel
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
frostgiant99
frostgiant99
gbrielgustavo
gbrielgustavo
Gold1406
Gold1406
Jan_Inruilde
Jan_Inruilde
jasonballs72
jasonballs72
KiranV178
KiranV178
NothingToDoHere
NothingToDoHere
RenanVilela
RenanVilela
stansvt
stansvt
su3cl3a8
su3cl3a8
TacoTommy
TacoTommy
Thomas_azu
Thomas_azu
vaplicador
vaplicador
xtreme_205
xtreme_205
+891 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1543

Total Points:4807

Total Accepted Answers: 182

Leostat Community Aficionado