Aspire M5-481PT- 6488

rixmixx82
rixmixx82 Member Posts: 7 New User

M5-481PT, core i5, 6 GB ram, 500 GB SSD, Windows 8, built in 2012.

I have an aspire M5 that started to boot up real slow some time ago. Start up time is over 5 minutes. Once in  a while i get the blue screen the says Driver Power State Failure. i tried all of the fixes that show up online with no progress what so ever. i did a clean install from the discs and checked for all updatged drivers but the problem persisted. All of this was happening on my original drive so i concluded that it was probably the drive itself and replaced it with a new Samsung SSD and did anouther clean install from the discs. Same problem persists. It is obviously not software so what could it be?

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

I am not sure if you have tried going into your Bios and Resetting your Bios to factory settings. 

When you turn your system on press the F2 for Laptop and or Delete for Desktops to get to your bios. On the last page or at times on the right it will have a list of F buttons for what it will offer like F10 is to exit and save. Most times however not all times F9 is to set system back to factory settings.... This don't have anything to do with WIndows or anything that is installed like Word or any pictures just for your Bios....

If it is F9 for yours to go back to factory, Then Press F10 and yes to save. Restart your system and see if that changes things?

Sounds like you have done most other things to make things right....

Other things that it could be. That is to try after the Bios Part fails to make it better. Could be Ram related. Or hardware related if you have added new hardware. Besides your SSD as you said it was before you installed your SSD..... 

Hope something was helpful

James

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Do you have anything plugged in to the USB ports?  I used to get that same blue screen error when I plugged a legacy device in to the USB port.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • rixmixx82

James

Thank you for the suggestion. i tried this today with no success. When i first starting having this problem, i was advised to update my BIOS to the latest version which is V2.22, released 2013/6/20. i did that but no change. i now look at the different BIOS versions suggested from this website for my registered product and it shows that this version is NOT for upgrades. This should not be a problem with the current set up as it is back to Windows 8 64bit from the original disks. i do notice that  a later version of the BIOS is marked 1.15 was release 2014/01/02 and has not designation as far as upgrades are concerned. Which is correct if i want to go the Windows 10 through the upgrades? 

i have recently hired an online company to go through the software as well and they conclude that it is probably a hardware problem as nothing they did software wise worked. They did not play or look at the BIOS.

Any other suggestions?

• rixmixx82

Jordan

Thank you for the suggestion. Nothing is plugged into the USB ports except and wireless keyboard and mouse combination. The computer reacts the same with this in or out. 

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

I'm a little confused because you said you're installing from the "discs".  Do you mean "discs" that you bought from Acer?  What discs? 

Your Acer recovery media that you bought from the Acer Store?

http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/html/pbPage.globalStoreSelector/ThemeID.35703000

I'm not an Acer employee.