Intel rapid storage has made my D drive a recovery drive

2»

Answers

• SIM5175
    SIM5175 Member Posts: 14 New User

Ok, i will find the product key but how do i delete the sata array because when i made a sistem factory restore the sata array was not desapered?

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

If you don't have any know how it's not so easy. You can try to start the USB stick with win10 und to delete all drives you see on setup. You loose the custom intallation from Acer with it's additonal software and you musst install all drivers.

Resetting windows doesn't affect the storage configuration.

• SIM5175

I am wiling to do this allso, i can get all drivers from ACER after that... I have made a os instalation before with windows 7 so i belive is not much diferent. the only thing i am woryed is if i can reformatate the disks and if this will delete the sata array?  What is your opinion?

• SIM5175

No luck with reinstaling windows. When i select custom instalation windows can only see SSD disk, no HDD disc available. So i erase all partitions on SSD and formate it, than windows created new partitions, i instaled windows back and i have the same problem.

Ther must be some way to undo this RAID Array without pluging out the HDD disk.

• chohanmimran
    chohanmimran Member Posts: 2 New User
    SIM5175 said:

No luck with reinstaling windows. When i select custom instalation windows can only see SSD disk, no HDD disc available. So i erase all partitions on SSD and formate it, than windows created new partitions, i instaled windows back and i have the same problem.

Ther must be some way to undo this RAID Array without pluging out the HDD disk.

• chohanmimran
    chohanmimran Member Posts: 2 New User
    did you find the solution I have same problem my D is disappeared
  • ankti688
    ankti688 Member Posts: 3 New User
    hello do u got the solution for this??
  • Flame
    Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Is there any usage of all programs,drivers that are on  helios 300 suport page? I only download predator senses and nothing else, all other drivers windows download automaticly. I saw there are like 3,4 additional programs,apps for intel (rapid storage, serial io etc.) Do common gamer guy need such stuff from there? Thank you
  • Flame
    Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Turbo Boost Driver
    Serial IO Driver
    Chipset Driver (Kabylake)
    SATA AHCI Driver (Kabylake)

And from bios tab i instal only the first one  that saids bios update should i install all 4 from there?
     Like this programs. Do i need any of this to install in additional, if yes why?   I don't want to start new topic for this i bought this lap top like 2 weeks ago and i never had such complex laptop till now. Thank you
  • Raided
    Raided Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hi Guys
    I think did exactly the same thing in the first two weeks after buying t my predator (why my screen name is "raided"). I had the same annoying pop up. Thinking that it was going to create a small back-up volume I agreed...and the D disappeared. I followed the instructions in a previous post with assistance from other users to run a batch file to break the array and then reassign. There wasn't need to physically unplug to achieve this or mess about with the very limited bios options. Let me look for the post from Brummy or Ven98 or Ironfly that helped spell it out (apologies for not remembering which of the three muskateers had the fix).
  • Raided
    Raided Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Sorry completely wrong. Have seen a later post by Ironfly saying that the raid tool is no longer supported by intel ... so no longer works. Apologies for any false hope. Best of luck with it
  • Solid
    Solid Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same issue with iRST recovery volume. please help me to fix that problem.i really need to break the raid array on windows 10.
  • vonbetelgeuse
    vonbetelgeuse Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    Did anyone fix their problem? I am having the same issue.
  • BhanuKalra
    BhanuKalra Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same issues in 2021 going on with me may i know what solution did you get in acer support center for this as my laptop is also in service
  • BhanuKalra
    sssssasadssdadasadsasd
  • BhanuKalra
    same here see
This discussion has been closed.