Acer Aspire V5-573p WLAN Card Card Upgrade

MaverickDMaverickD Member Posts: 2

I have an Acer Aspire V5-573P-9899. My preinstalled WLAN card just stopped letting me connect to all wifi networks and can be buggy at times. I can only connect to 5Ghz networks and not the 2.4Ghz ones. So I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade my WLAN card. I'm not sure if the card is a half size or full size module but im pretty sure it's half. I was looking at the Intel Network 7260.HMWG.R Heres the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-7260-HMWG-R-Wireless-AC-Bluetooth-Mounting/dp/B00MY9S692/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453005738&sr=8-1&keywords=laptop+wifi+card

Can someone tell me if my laptop would be compatible with this? Thanks in advance.

I am also running Windows 10 if that's relevant. All the other specs of my laptop are standard besides the ram that I recently upgraded.

FAQ & Answers

• RevoMaxxRevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

I don't want to say that it would or wouldn't work..... But here is a list of the Units that came in your model of system... I would stay with what was supported for your system seeing the Drivers can be found from Acer and updated when needed.....

Module

Liteon 3rd WiFi 2x2 AGN+ BT4.0 Broadcom 43228+20702

Foxconn 3rd WiFi 2x2 AGN+ BT4.0 Broadcom 43228+20702

Foxconn 3rd WiFi 2x2 AGN+ BT4.0 Atheros WB222

Liteon 3rd WiFi 2x2 AGN+ BT4.0 Atheros WB222

WLAN Intel WLAN 7260.HMWANG Wilkins Peak 2

Hope this helps some

James