Predator G3-605 case fan install

Options
tony99
tony99 Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hello new here 1st post.

How can i install a rear case fan to my PC. Ive shoved in a GTX970 in replacement of the GTX745 and its all good but very hot ,loads of hot air coming out of the back. So would like to install a case fan on the rear. The case has a place for a fan but how can I power it. There are no headers except for the cpu which is being used. So can I use the spare SATA connection to power a constant fan. Hope you know what i mean.  

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,083 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Ok. I just forgot a little detail. You'll need four screws to fix the fan like these ones. They are not shipped with the fan stated because it's an OEM part. You should find them in a computer or electronic local shop.

Now you have all informations so good luck!

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

You should find a connector named sysfan1 with 3 or 4 pins on the motherboard (near the Cmos battery looks like a silver coin) I'm looking for the part number of fan case.

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • tony99
    Options

Hiya 

Thanks for the reply. Can see the silver coin. S/N DTSQYEK050    

• tony99
    Options

Oh yes i can see a 4 pin something about 2cm up from the silver coin thing ,its very well hidden  but i cant see what it says on it 

• laurent_14
    Options

On the Printed Circuit Board, sysfan1 is printed. Same as cpufan 4 pins. Do you see it? Brown connector?

France
  • tony99
    Options

yes just found it 

• tony99
    Options

So I can connect a case fan to the 4 pin and it will run ok ?

• laurent_14
    Options

So I didn't find an original fan. All G3-605 are shipped without fan case.

As the bios includes a Smartfan function, you can't change the fans settings. Regulated or full speed.

The CPU fan rotates at 4500 rpm so you 'll need a fan case which will rotate at 2200 rpm.

Tomorrow I will give you a standard model used by Acer (Sunon 92x92x25mm - 2200rpm - 3 pins no PWM function)

France
  • laurent_14
    Options

So I can connect a case fan to the 4 pin and it will run ok ?

Yes but not all models. Bye

France
  • tony99
    Options

Thankyou very much for the time and help you have given me 

• tony99
    Options

Thankyou. look forward to your reply

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello Tony,

I found a standard fan (Acer original part) for your desktop:

Spoiler
    HI.10900.017FAN.SYSTEM.2500RPM
    (Sunon 92x92x25mm - 2500rpm - 4 pins - lengh of the wires=110mm)

I advise you to install this one. The cooling will be better.

Could you check these points before:

1. The center distance of the mounting holes: ~82.5mm?
    2. Do you see the System Fan Speed: N/A  in the bios setup utility?
    France
  • tony99
    Options

Yes cace fan holes are correct and bios fan is N/A

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Ok. I just forgot a little detail. You'll need four screws to fix the fan like these ones. They are not shipped with the fan stated because it's an OEM part. You should find them in a computer or electronic local shop.

Now you have all informations so good luck!

France
  • piphowell
    piphowell Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Tony,

i am looking to do the same thing, Can i ask if you managed to install a case fan in the rear section, if so what did you go for in the end (size wise) and did a 3 pin work on the 4 pin sysfan1 part of the motherbaord. 

because i have used all my sata power cables including an extension on one and i dont want to go Molex when there is the 4 pins on the board that can be used.

Can you use a 3 pin on a 4 pin board??

Plus what size can you actually fit on the rear casing?

Many thanks

• tony99
    Options

Pip

Yes put a 80mm silent wings2 fan in the rear. Very easy to fit with the push pins and conects with sysfan1 . Its 3 pin so it spins at full speed ,but it does fit the 4 pin on the board ,it can only fit on one way so you cant go wrong ,just 1 pin on the board wont be used thats all.  On my HWMonitor it spins at max 2112rpm. Its not very noisy you can hear it but i can live with it. My temps have improved  very well  not gone over 71degrees when at full tilt so am very happy. It looks like an 80mm fan is prob the biggest size  you can fit. I would not worry about a rear case fan running 100% all the time  they last for ever  and rather change a case fan rather than a new cpu . Hope this helps. My next project is to install a new cpu cooler fan one day.

Tony

• piphowell
    piphowell Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you so much for your help Tony, answered all my questions! cool looking fan too and as you say looks easy to install.

Good luck on your next CPU project.

Many thanks again... im going to order the same fan! :-)

Pip

• tony99
    Options

Good stuff   you dont need any tools to install the fan  Good luck 

Tony

• laurent_14
    Options

Hi all,

If you don't want to install the Sunon fan (recommended), this kind of model would be a good intermediate solution:

Artic F9 Pro TC: TC means Temperature controlled. The speed is managed by the T° sensor.

@tony99:

The case must be always under a light pressure. Air inlet flow < Air outlet flow = Vacuum ==>Dust/Not efficient cooling

France
  • FireDrakeZ
    FireDrakeZ Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Actually the largest case fan you can use for this model is 92mm. There is 2 sets of holes in the rear for a case fan. One set of 4 for 80mm and another for 92mm. I used the  Noctua NF-A9 PWM 92mm Premium fan  that uses 4 pins to regulate fan speed. It has an extended 6 year warranty. Very quiet with the antivibration mounts and lowered my temperatures quite a bit.