V5-122p external battery won't charge

pcorning
pcorning Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I have an Acer V5-122p-0679.  I purchased an Acer AL13A external battery for it about 5 months ago and as of last week only the internal battery will charge.  (The AL13A screws onto onto the bottom of the laptop and uses the power connector on the bottom under the rubber cover.)  The external battery always shows as 0% and the charge/use light on the side of it no longer lights up.

Before last week both batterys were working/charging perfectly.

The battery should still be in warranty, but Acer's website does not accept the serial number.

My laptop is running Windows 10 with all updates.

Any ideas?  Anyone else have problems with external battery charging?  Any idea why my battery's serial number would be invalid?

Thanks!

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

pcorning,

Please send me a private message with the serial number of your computer, your name, and telephone number. I will have a technician contact you to assist with getting your external battery replaced. Our online site will only recognize serial numbers of actual computer systems. It does not recognize accessory serial numbers.

• h_Sible
    h_Sible Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi I'm having the same issue.  How do I resolve this?   Not the battery is no longer sold even on Acer's official website.  Please help.