Aver aspire 8930 motherboard

Options
tfarries41
tfarries41 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi I have an Acer Aspire 8930g laptop which is 6 years old. The date is always wrong when I start the computer and it now automatically starts when I plug it into the wall, as opposed to me pressing the button. Can anyone advise me what to do as local computer places won't fix it and say it is possibly the start of the motherboard going. Many thanks Tania

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

I am not 100% sure but almost sounds like it could be a dead or dying CMOS battery... 

Does it start a new day or just behind. Like when you Turned off your machine? Or like always starting the computer with the same day of the past?

James

Edit: After looking up your sytem, It talks about CMOS battery but looking up the sytem board I don't see one. Then for the Time, It talks about RTC and it if bad may need to replace main board...

So I would try and enter your Bios, Press F9 to set your Bios back to Factory Settings Then set the Time and Date. THen Press F10 and save. Then I would Restart your sytem and check for your clock time. Then let it sit over night or a few hours and see if when you start your system is the time right? If it isn't it may need a new board.

End Edit. 

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello Tania,

To complete the RevoMaxx's reply:

The CMOS or RTC battery is located near the HDD but you have to completely disassemble the laptop (may be).

You'll see it on these pictures (yellow round part): KTS 844 CR2032 3.0V.

6 years old, it is dead.

France