Boot from usb - Acer Aspire ES1

Options
mraamohamed
mraamohamed Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

I have an Acer Aspire  ES1-511 C0DV and need to know how to boot from a USB drive.  Also as long as I am here, has anyone heard of drivers for touchpad for Windows 10 on same device.  I updated to windows 10 and now have no touchpad Smiley Sad

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

to be able to boot from USB, the USB bootable media must be partitioned as UEFI compatible and FAT32 formatted.

once done, just plug the USB bootable media, press F12 at boot and choose the USB flash drive as bootable device.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mraamohamed
    Options

I have tried that the f12 not work for me, I have tried f12, esc f10 f1 

any more suggestions ?

• IronFly
    Options

if F12 doesn't work, check on BIOS if it's enabled, press F2 at boot.

if F12 works but you can't see your USB flash drive, be sure to have UEFI as partition scheme and FAT32 as format, as i told you.

this apply if your laptop had at least windows 8 as factory OS.

• mraamohamed
    Options

IronFly  BTW I have update to Windows 10, and I will go try that solution now as well...again thanks for the help.

• IronFly
    Options
    Yes, i know you updated to windows 10 but what was the windows version from factory?
  • Abbosbek
    Abbosbek Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Assalomu alaykum Acer. Menda Bir Kompyuter bor(loptop emas) unga men windows 10 oʻrnatmoqchiman. Windows 10 USBda men F12 bilan kompyutrni yoqishim mumkin ammo F12 menusida USB yoʻq BIOSdan rosa koʻrdim iloji boʻlmayabdi. Iltimos menga yordam berib yuboring 
    Mening elektoran pochtamga yozing:*****

Hello, Acer. I have a PC (not a laptop) I want to install windows 10 on it. On a Windows 10 USB, I can turn on a PC with F12, but I can't see BIOS with no USB in the F12 menu. Please help me.

Edited By,
    Acer-Harvey.