I lost my Microsoft Office Starter 2010 when I ran the Open System Restore on my Acer A0 D257

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options

If you haven't doneso already, you must re-boot your computer to complete the installation of the updates even if a box may have appeared indicating that they have been successfully installed.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cathy11
    Cathy11 Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

Hi, I had to double-check the definition of reboot, and it seems to be restart.  I had tried restart, shut down and turning the computer on - right away, after a couple of minutes and after hours. Just to be fair, this message has only taken me 10 minutes to perform, much faster than yesterday. The slow parts seem to be transitioning from box to box, ie signing in here, keyboarding, especially attempting to make a correction, typing too fast(?) or choosing some article from MSN Canada. By the way, as I work, MSN Canada's bar/box at the top tends to spin a wheel off and on. Other than that, I am not really using this computer until I can progress a bit more smoothly.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>The slow parts seem to be transitioning from box to box, ie signing in here, keyboarding, especially attempting to make a correction, typing too fast(?) or choosing some article from MSN Canada.>>>

Much of this type of slowness is due to you trying to type something  to a hard drive that's on another computer via the internet, not directly to your own computer's hard drive which is must faster. I experience this type of internet slowness quite often depending on the speed of my internet connection. My solution is to first compose my message using notepad or wordpad or microsoft word or whatever word processing app that's already on my own computer's hard drive. Then I copy the whole message to my clipboard, and simply paste it to the other computer's hard drive via the internet. Much faster that way.

Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• Cathy11
    Cathy11 Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

Thanks. You have kindly gone well beyond my initial problem, which is solved.