Aspire V3-331

Options
pennywise1234
pennywise1234 Member Posts: 1 New User

I had just gotten this laptop for Christmas, and as soon as I had started it the touchpad did not work right. It would always freeze randomly, only moving when I touch the touchpad in certain spots. I have tried Fn+F7 to disable and then enable the touchpad, but that does not really work. I am using this laptop for school, and it is important that I get the touchpad running as soon as possible. If somebody could help me out on this subject, it would help a lot. 

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

HI Pennywise

Go to Device Manager by pressing Windows Key & R, then typing devmgmt.msc in the box then click OK.

Now find "Mice & other pointing devices". Click it to reveal your touchpad. Right click, select Uninstall, then once it has finished, restart your laptop.

Windows will now re-install the driver. Hopefully, it will now work OK. If not double check here, to see if a newer driver has been released. (You'll need to enter your details in the relevent boxes).

If the problem still exists, then it may point to a hardware issue. You will need to contact support. However, if it IS a fault, you could try the store you bought it from. Depending on their policy, they MAY just exchange it for you!