aspire one D250

Options
apoterra
apoterra Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an old Aspire one that I am trying to reinstall Windows 7 on. I purchased the recovery disk, and started to do a clean recovery. I got an error stating the partition was too small. Removed the HD and reformated it on another Windows machine. Got the same error when trying the installation.

I did notice that here is a 200mb partition on the drive that is protected and can't be deleted (in Computer Management).

Any ideas or suggestions?

Answers

• apoterra
    apoterra Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

An aside... can't contact Acer directly with an out of warranty machine. Even though I purchased a recovery disk. Just looking for direction, not for them to do the work for me. A little frustrating.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you are able to reach the keyboard/language screen, press Shift+F10 to enter Command prompt

once in command prompt type
    diskpart
    then on diskpart type
    list disk
    take note of the correct disk ID to erase
    type
    select disk x
    (x is the ID of your HDD to erase)
    type
    clean
    type exit

if this didn't work

you need to completly wipe your HDD
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html
    download the .iso file
    then use a software to burn CD/DVD or USB flash drive and burn the .iso file
    once done, put the CD/DVD/USB on your PC, boot from CD/USB (maybe you need to boot under Legacy if you have UEFI BIOS)
    press F12 at boot and choose CD or USB
    at the desktop
    select your HDD
    right click on your HDD icon and choose delete all partitions and click on yes and then apply
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/help/delete-all-partitions.html#howto
    or wipe your HDD completly (it will erase also any GPT or MBR on the HDD), choosing the first option after selecting the wipe function.
    then exit partition wizard, boot to BIOS, set UEFI back from Legacy (if you have UEFI BIOS) and boot from the erecovery media.

I'm not an Acer employee.