Acer Predator G6-710 RAM upgrade

Trokil
Trokil Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives

I just purchased a G6-710 with 16 GB of RAM. Later I would like to upgrade to 32 GB. I tried to find information about the RAM in the Computer, but there was nothing on the internet.

Would the Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133MHz Predator XMS be compatible? Can I just add 2 x 8 GB or do I have to buy 4 x 8 GB?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,274 Trailblazer

Hello,

Here are the memory specifications:

• Number of DIMM slot: 4
    • Maximum memory: 64Gb (using four 16Gb modules)
    • Data rate: 2133 MHz
    • DIMM type: DDR4 1.2V U-DIMMs
    • Supported capacities: 4Gb, 8Gb or 16Gb
    • Original memory modules: Hynix or Samsung.

The link of Kingston compatible memory modules.

If your desktop is equipped with Hynix memory, you will have perhaps compatibility issues.

France
  • Trokil
    Trokil Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Laurent

Thank you for your answer. I already guessed that I will have to buy 4 x 8 GB to be on the save side. Funny I checked the Kingston site before I posted here, but the G6 was not even in the model list.

Well, thank you very much for your help.

• nickpeck40
    nickpeck40 Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter

I'm sure you have this sorted already but I went with two 8gb sticks of 2133 Corsair DDR4 from newegg.com and they work perfectly fine.  I only go with 16gb because while playing games they won't really use much of it (which is why 8gb is todays new standard), but I like having a little more than needed since it's so cheap.

Of course, this is just for gaming and normal PC usage, if you are running virtual machines and what not then having more can help (or if you need more for work apps and what not).

• oregongamer
    oregongamer Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

For video processing and editing, I am upgrading  to 64MB. Any special techniques the community knows about? Removing the cooling rig or thermal paste or voiding the warranty. Any experience sharing will be very much appreciated.

• nickpeck40

Just buy the 2133 DDR ram with NO heatsinks on them, then wiggle them behind the cooler and you can snap them in.  It takes a little work but I did it without having to take the fan off the CPU Heatsink.  Have a good light shining in there because you will have to get a little creative on how to handle the ram haha, but it works.

• oregongamer
    oregongamer Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I have the side of the case off and can see how that would work. You just saved me a ton of effort and worry. Many thanks.

• nickpeck40

No problem at all.  When you get the ram back there you have to go in at an angle, but it will slide in.  Take it easy.

• DasGeneral
    DasGeneral Member Posts: 3 New User

The ram modules that came with my predator G6-710 were Crucial Ballistics 2133mhz modules,therefore i think you should check which manufacturers RAM modules yours came with and just purchase 2 more of them for quad channel RAM.Thats how i got 4 8GB modules into it.Smiley Happy

Cheers 

• fabioso
    fabioso Member Posts: 6 New User

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000253 EndHTML:000021390 StartFragment:000019619 EndFragment:000021229 StartSelection:000019848 EndSelection:000021211 SourceURL:http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Desktops/Predator-G6-710-upgrading-memory/m-p/524119Predator G6-710 upgrading memory - Acer Community - 524119

Predator G6-710 upgrading memory

Will these memory sticks be compatible with the preinstalled memory sticks on an Acer predator G6-710?

"Crucial DDR4 2400MHz 16GB, 2x8GB 2400MHz (PC4-19200) DDR4 CL17 SR x8, 288pin, Single Ranked"

Installed on my pc are two: "Crucial DDR4-2400 UDIMM, 1.2V CL 17". 

The problem is that the Produktnumber of those i am intending on buying is : CT2K8G4DFS8213, while on those i have installed is CT8G4DFS824A. 

• fabioso
    fabioso Member Posts: 6 New User

Did u succeed in installing the 4 of the ram sticks?

• Cryoshotz
    Cryoshotz Member Posts: 3 New User
    I was wanting to upgrade my ram on this system as well and was wondering if i got the g.skill trident z rgb if the rgb's on the ram cards would work?