My CB R11 keyboard gets disabled after sleep and stuck with on-screen keyboard (tablet/tent mode)

sarriola
sarriola Member Posts: 1 New User

Has anyone experienced this? Being stuck with an on-screen keyboard after opening up the chromebook R11. I wasn't in tablet mode. If I put it into tablet mode and come back out, the keyboard still is disabled and I'm forced to use the on-screen keyboard. To get out of this situation, I have to reboot. I have no problems when  I go  in and out of tablet or tent mode on purpose, I can use the keyboard when I exit out of these modes.

Answers

• DBennett
    DBennett Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same problem and this is the 2nd CB R11 I've had. Each lasted about a week before I was locked out of the keyboard. I was hoping there was a setting or something but it goes directly to touchscreen mode when I click a text field (cell, google doc, etc.). 

Rebooting fixes it temporarily but that's a little inconvenient.

• asjawho
    asjawho Member Posts: 1 New User

Same here. I've had two different devices. Both with the same problem. Only reboot helps. But it happens almost every time i wake it up (if it sleeps for a relatively long time). Really Annoying... it's strange how there are no complaints about this on amazon....