Acer Aspire E5-571 ram

Options
Kacidest
Kacidest Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

I bought this laptop around the beginning of this year, and honestly I really like it a lot.  I haven't had many problems with it at all!  Then Fallout 4 came out...  It keeps crashing over and over and it's quite annoying!  So I thought one way to make the computer run faster without having to replace basically everything, was to buy some more ram.  It came with a 2gb and a 4gb ddr3.  I checked the task manager and belarc advisor, and both said that my motherboard has 4 bus slots for ram.  So, I got 2 more 4gb ddr3.  After taking the laptop apart (and accidently almost stripping one of the contact points on the flat wire, they didn't make this easy!  I only moved the aluminum? stip back a little, and just had to straighten it back out.  Phew!)  I only saw 2 bus slots.  I thought maybe there are two stacked on one another, but no.  Why does everything think my computer has 4 bus slots?  Are there really 4 bus slots and I'm just not seeing them?  I highly doubt it, but I suppose its a possibility...  Pictures below show belarc and task manager results.

belarcaspire.png

belarcaspire.png

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Your laptop has 2 memory slots and supports up to 16Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz. You can also check with HWINFO portable version (no installation).

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Your laptop has 2 memory slots and supports up to 16Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz. You can also check with HWINFO portable version (no installation).

France
  • Kacidest
    Kacidest Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Any idea why it says I have 4 slots?

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Sorry no ideas. I don't use this tool to find the hardware specifications. E.g. HWINFO, CPU-Z or SPECCY.

France
  • WMapp
    WMapp Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Any idea why it shows on Windows Task Manager that there are 4 slots?