Touchscreen gone wild

Options
psmishler
psmishler Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi all,

I have a brand new Aspire R5-471T-71W2 that has been out of the box for not even 24hrs and I'm already having issues. Whenever my computer goes to sleep/hybernate/start up my touchscreen goes crazy. It is as if someone is touching all over the screen constantly. The absolute ONLY way I have found to stop it is to Fn+F10 deactivate my touchscreen. I reset the computer and I have checked all drivers and updates and everything seems to be as it should. Any ideas or suggestions? 

Here's a link of a video of the screen going wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n9TNznFBjU

(As of when I'm posting this the vid is processing)

Answers

• gadgetgirl88
    gadgetgirl88 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had the same issue with the first one I bought and returned it for another without an issue, actually on it right now. I have seen the same thing happen with Lenovo Windows 10 2in1s also. It is like fighting a ghost to use your screen.  I cannot, unfortunately, tell you  how to fix it, although I believe it is a Win10 issue with touchscreens that happens on several other brands as well and I think has to do with certain drivers. For me it  was just easier to return for  another one than fight with it. There are many videos on YouTube with this "ghosting" issue. Thankfully, my new one does not have it.