Answers

• Aicons
    Aicons Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thank you.. it works on my acer netbook...☺👍
  • Enila778
    Enila778 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thanks ukachar,  it really work,  I had the same problem and I found a solution. Just change boot mode from UEFI to Legacy, then press F10 to save and exit. It should boot now
  • syazaamin
    syazaamin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, I have problem with my laptop. My laptop appear no bootable device, and I have enter into the BIOS, unfortunately my boot doesnt have legacy or what not. What should I do? Need help ASAP
  • avinash2222
    avinash2222 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Acer predator helios 300
    No bootable device 
    # in security tab only UEFI no legacy option
    # I tried to set default still not working
  • Sahil4822
    Sahil4822 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have acer aspire E 15 laptop and have same problem . I did all that and it still says No Bootable device with a magnifying glass . Then I changed my boot mode from UEFI to Legacy and wow .... it works. Thanks.. 
  • karrboy84
    karrboy84 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am having a similar issue. Let me start by saying that I do not want an option that will reset everything to factory standards. I have unsaved files that are not backed up anywhere (stupid on my part, I know). I got the no bootable drive notice. I did F2, changed to Legacy, and tried to reboot, but got the same error saying I should insert the boot drive. Any ideas of things to try that WILL NOT wipe my hard drive? 
  • Eksnoverse
    Eksnoverse Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    IronFly said:

and pressing ALT+F10 didn't work?

I just want to thank you, I have been trying for hours to install linux. Nothing worked, no fixes anywhere, it has just been rebooting to the USB again and again. I just want to thank you, you saved me a ton of time and effort. Again, thank you.
  • Eksnoverse
    Eksnoverse Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I quoted the wrong thing but you get the idea
  • harleym
    harleym Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello All,

I have "No Bootable Device" showing on my Acer Aspire E15, I have tried F2, ALT+F10, my HDD password is not frozen. No matter what I do the message comes back, when doing ALT+F10 the recovery window appeared which I assume means my HDD is ok. Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix the problem, I have tons of data in there that I need, is there any way I can recover the data ?

• Princewill
    Princewill Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had the same problem and I found a solution. Just change boot mode from UEFI to Legacy, then press F10 to save and exit. It should boot now, thanks IronFly said:

Legacy????

did you try to modify BIOS settings?

by the way, try this:

1. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS.
    2. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    3. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.
    4. let it boot to windows

• tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    The process Ironfly mentioned