Driver for ACER One Netbook SD card OS Win 10

Options
k9mmw
k9mmw Member Posts: 5 New User

Very new at this.  I have an Acer One netbook that was upgraded to Win 10.  Almost everything works well except the SD card isn't.  When I look at Device Manager it shows up that "UB6250" needs a driver whenever there is a SD card presant.  Where can I find a driver?  Any help greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

As mentioned before, have you tried running its Win7 driver in compatibility mode? What system do you have?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• k9mmw
    Options

I have an Aspire One Notebook with a N450 processor.  Product Name is A0532h.  The SNID is ***.

Did I properly answer your question?  BTW thanks for your help.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• JackE
    Options

OK. Try this. At the top of this page click the "support" button. Then chose your country. Then select drivers and manual. Then select "netbook chromebook" models. Then select aspire one. Then select AO532H. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and download the compressed zip file driver for the card reader. Once  downloaded double click on the zip file. It should show you an exe file. Right click on the exe file. Click properties. Select the compatibility mode tab. Run the file in Windows XP compatibility mode. Report back on results.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• k9mmw
    Options

Jack,

The procedure worked to a point.  When I said run to setup.exe it said "Failed to find the line in setup.ini: WINXP64...".  I saw somewhere that the Netbook is X64 not X32 and inside the .ini file there isn't such a line as it is looking for.  What is there is:

[Dir]
    Win7_32="Win7"
    Win7_64="Win7_64"
    WinXP32="Win2KXP"
    Vista32="Vista"
    Vista64="Vista64"
    ;LogFile="%SystemDrive%\system_sav\logs\enecir.log"

[Pre_Define]
    PNP_Mode    = 0
    XDIcon      = 1
    C3Enable    = 0
    EnterC3Minute =1
    xDCompilanceEn = 1
    ScsiPassThuEn  = 1
    SDinitdelay = 1200000

[Vendors]
    Vendor0 = Vid_0cf2&Pid_6250

Also the very first time I tried the procedure didn't work because I had not turned on compatibility for WINXP for the program, hopefully I did that correctly.  I guess I should have taken the course "WIN 10 for Dummies".  Your instructions so far have been helpful.

OK, what's next.

Bill - K9MMW

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

run it under windows 7 compatibility mode.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • k9mmw
    Options

Jack,

You nailed it.  Thanks so much, I do appreciate it and was very happy to give you a KUDO.  Gee it sure helps when you know what you are doing and have the talents for sharing it with those who don't.

Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Bill - K9MMW

• JackE
    Options

Congrats Bill on resolving it. Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ