Aspire V3-772g Wi-Fi Card

banner1124
banner1124 Member Posts: 3 New User

I'd like to upgrade (or at least potentially upgrade) the wi-fi card in my v3-772g.  Anyone done this before and have any suggestions on what card to go with?  I'm having trouble trying to find sites that list any sort of compatibility

Answers

• banner1124

OK, been doing some research and I think I can pop an intel 7260 AC card in there and it should work just fine.  All indications are that Acer doesn't whitelist.  So, that being said, the card I'm looking at also has Bluetooth 4.0.  My question now becomes, is the Bluetooth 4.0 already included also with the Atheros wifi card or is it a separate card?  If separate, will I need to remove that card as well or will leaving that alone and just installing the new wifi card not be a problem?  Not sure if it would create some sort of conflict having bluetooth 4.0 coming from 2 places

• Masimo
    Masimo Member Posts: 1 New User

I have succesfully replaced the Atheros card by an Intel AC7260 in my V3-772G.

Both cards are wifi & bluetooth.

Here's how I did it:

Uninstall all Atheros wifi and bluetooth drivers / software.

Shutdown the laptop.

Disconnect the power plug from the laptop and also remove the battery.

Open the service hatch of the laptop and replace the Atheros by the Intel card.

(take some precautions to prevent static electricity discharges)

Close the laptop

Insert the battery and connect the power plug.

Restart the laptop.

The Intel card will be recognized and you can install Intel's latest wifi driver and bluetooth software.

• banner1124

Thank you for the input.  I decided to take a leap of faith and just go for it.  I too ended up going with the Intel AC 7260.  I ended up following almost the exact same procedure except that in my case I did not do an uninstall of the Atheros drivers.  So far so good, everything seems to be working like a charm.

• Bozzy
    Bozzy Member Posts: 44

Tinkerer

I did the same, but went for an AC 7265 instead. Miles better, no disconnects and solid throughput!