Travelmate 5760 wifi issue

theshavedyeti
theshavedyeti Member Posts: 1 New User

I've had my travelmate laptop for about 5 years now, upgraded the ram, installed an ssd, cycled through several versions of windows, and never had a wifi problem. I moved house about 8 weeks ago, and had to change internet provider from virgin to talktalk. Since the switch, I've had a particular problem with my wifi.

Whenever I put my laptop (now running windows 10)  to sleep, when I wake it up again it cannot find my wifi network. It can find all the others, but not mine. Also, having lost the ability to find my network, it still won't find it after rebooting my laptop. The only solution I've found is by rebooting the router after every time I wake up my laptop.

I've googled this problem but nobody seems to have this precise issue. I've tried changing the network adapter settings in power management, I've installed the latest drivers, etc etc, all the usual stuff, none of it seems to work.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with the router, as in the house we have 3 laptops, 3 phones, a tablet, and 4 consoles; my laptop is the only device affected.

Any ideas?