acer one 10- boot from usb

satyambansal
satyambansal Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 15 in 2018 Archives

i want to boot kali linux from my usb on ACER ONE 10 S1002. i have disabled the secure boot and changed the  boot priority order . whe it in i open the boot menus detecting my usb as " UEFI : SANDISK " but when i select it , bios gets opended . i am able to boot from this ub on my pc . plz help

Answers

• youdass
    youdass Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hello please I have been seeking an answer for a while
    I have Acer one 10 notebook s1002 or "N15P2 as it is written on the back of it" I did delete everything including the recovery and installed Linux on it for a while.
    I decided to go back to win10 because it was more productive on it but I am unable 
    I got the win10 32bit and I made a bootable USB using Rufus, when I start the win10 installation everything looks fine but when it comes to chose the storage device to install win10 on the win10 setup can't find any storage device on my Acer, though my live USB Linux still able to see the storage and i still can reinstall Kali Linux normally on the current GPT partition and UEFI boot but win 10 can't see  any still 
    i tried:
    converting MBR,
    Disabling UEFI which won't work because the bios have no other choice 
    I tried my WIn10 32 ISO 
    I even send Acer a couple of emails but I got no answer 

I googled the issue and what I got is that this Acer storage device is Emmc so it is like builtin sd card, and the only way to install win10 is to flash it which I have no clue how to do and Google has no answer, or get the recovery and I have no recovery USB and also can't find it only though I tried to download it from Acer site but the site is asking for a SNID and I have none on my notebook 

Help please I need my win 10 back I am an IT but this is a totally weird issue never happened to me on any device before I literally hit a dead end 
  • rubendario9243
    rubendario9243 Member Posts: 1 New User
    youdass said:
    I have Acer one 10 notebook s1002 or "N15P2 as it is written on the back of it" I did delete everything including the recovery and installed Linux on it for a while.
    I decided to go back to win10 because it was more productive on it but I am unable 
    I got the win10 32bit and I made a bootable USB using Rufus, when I start the win10 installation everything looks fine but when it comes to chose the storage device to install win10 on the win10 setup can't find any storage device on my Acer, though my live USB Linux still able to see the storage and i still can reinstall Kali Linux normally on the current GPT partition and UEFI boot but win 10 can't see  any still 
    i tried:
    converting MBR,
    I tried my WIn10 32 ISO 

I googled the issue and what I got is that this Acer storage device is Emmc so it is like builtin sd card, and the only way to install win10 is to flash it which I have no clue how to do and Google has no answer, or get the recovery and I have no recovery USB and also can't find it only though I tried to download it from Acer site but the site is asking for a SNID and I have none on my notebook 

Help please I need my win 10 back I am an IT but this is a totally weird issue never happened to me on any device before I literally hit a dead end 
    youdass said:
    i tried:
    converting MBR,
    I tried my WIn10 32 ISO 

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    My guess is that Linux converted your drive to an Ext 2/3/4, UFS2, HFS or ReiserFS/4 partition which Windows cannot read. With a recovery disk or partition you could use DISKPART to fix it but since you wiped everything apparently without making backups you will need to either buy  recovery media from Acer, find a recovery disk, or if you can still boot Linux there should be third party software to convert the drive to NTFS..
  • Wolfton
    Wolfton Member Posts: 3 New User
    youdass said:
    i tried:
    converting MBR,
    I tried my WIn10 32 ISO 

Did you ever get this resolved? FlDid the S1002 have a Licensed copy of Windows 10 before? If so, find the Windows 10 options for making a bootable USB. Install Windows 10. When you get the option to use a dr8ve, DELETE the Linux partitions and format a new NTFS partition. Wind9ws will automatically create the other necessary partitions. (32 Bit will be better than 64 bit because you only have 2GB RAM.) And when it asks for your product key, say that you don't have one and Windows 10 will automatically reregister because MS knows your machine. If, for some reason you can't delete the Linux partitions, you CAN still do it in you Linux bootable flash. Try fdisk or cfdisk on the command line. Or GPartEd too, depending on the distro. 
  • Wolfton
    @IronFly is that a dead link? I am trying to read it myself but cannot pull u0 the target.
  • Wolfton
    padgett said:
    My guess is that Linux converted your drive to an Ext 2/3/4, UFS2, HFS or ReiserFS/4 partition which Windows cannot read. With a recovery disk or partition you could use DISKPART to fix it but since you wiped everything apparently without making backups you will need to either buy  recovery media from Acer, find a recovery disk, or if you can still boot Linux there should be third party software to convert the drive to NTFS..
    I think you are correct. I wonder if this is resolved yet?