Dead pixels in corners of Aspire E5-511P touchscreen

Keefer
Keefer Member Posts: 6 New User

My son's computer recently started to lose pixels in the corners of his display.  It is apparent in all four corners and a few places along the edges.  The worst corner is shown in the attached pictures.  Anyone have an idea what's wrong and whether there's a fix?  Cheers.IMG_2706.JPG

Answers

• Hello,

1. Do you have the same issue with an external monitor or a LCD TV using the VGA or HDMI ports?
    2. Your laptop is it still under warranty?

Note:
      [Fn]+[F5]: Switches the display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected), and both.
    France
  • Keefer

Thanks for the reply.  I will check the external monitor view tonight.  As for warranty, I think his mom bought it about 15 months ago, so I assume the warranty has expired?

• You can check the date of warranty end here.

France
  • Keefer

So...when used on another screen there is no sign of the pixel loss...so that points the finger squarely at the touchscreen itself.  I've determined it is under warranty still. 

• Hello,

1. so that points the finger squarely at the touchscreen itself
      Sorry I don't understand. That means the touch panel of the laptop works?
    2. I've determined it is under warranty still
      Has it been bought from a reseller or on an online shop?
    3. What would you do? Get it repaired under warranty or yourself?
    4. My opinion: The LCD panel is defective. You have to replace it.
    5. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

Note:
      You'll find here the warranty information.
    France
  • Keefer

Hi again (and thanks for your advice):

I agree that it looks like a defective LCD panel.  The screen is a touchscreen...and it still functioning normally as a touchscreen (the only problem is the missing pixels).

We bought it from a reseller.  I guess I will return it to Acer under their warranty to repair.

The first 10 digits are NXMNZAA007

Thank you!

• I suggest you to return it to the reseller (the shop - no shipment cost). The reseller will ship to Acer.

If you return yourself, you'll pay the shipment so...

France